More Power,why ?

DrGonzo

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 6d

It’s all relative.

You bought a turbo. Manly people (not from this forum) would argue that why would you ever buy a turbo, when a normally aspirated motor would surely suffice.

Many of us go to the drags, or do circuit racing, and really get the most out of our turbo cars, and that’s a different situation. Many of us realize you only live once. Sure we may break some parts along the way, improve them, it does cost money, it’s a hobby, but that’s what we like doing. Going faster is addictive.

Do circuit racing and really improve your driving skills.

If you want to keep your car standard, that’s fine; my wife’s STi is still standard and enjoyable to drive.

Of course you can have a mild tune-up, for a bit more power and better fuel economy, and drivability, without risking the reliability of the engine. There’s plenty and useful information available on this forum to help you. Enjoy.

Brian

• Like 5

• Member For: 13y 7m 16d

It’s all relative.

You bought a turbo. Manly people (not from this forum) would argue that why would you ever buy a turbo, when a normally aspirated motor would surely suffice.

Many of us go to the drags, or do circuit racing, and really get the most out of our turbo cars, and that’s a different situation. Many of us realize you only live once. Sure we may break some parts along the way, improve them, it does cost money, it’s a hobby, but that’s what we like doing.

If you want to keep your car standard, that’s fine; my wife’s STi is still standard and enjoyable to drive.

Of course you can have a mild tune-up, for a bit more power and better fuel economy, and drivability, without risking the reliability of the engine. There’s plenty and useful information available on this forum to help you. Enjoy.

Brian

well said Brian.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 6d

Have to agree with Brian that it's for my enjoyment of life. It's a bloody expensive hobby but one that I can share with a lot of other people to further my entertainment and passion. I enjoy putting together cruises for the other WA members and having a good yarn when we get together, then going for a nice drive to another spot and talking sh*t again! More power is something we can all talk about wanting and how people have gotten there with their specific car. Love to see and admire the big dollar builds driving in person instead of just in a magazine. Having said that I like a good stocker too, or sleeper like mine.

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Like 1

• Member For: 21y 6m

Its in the blood mate. You either have it or you dont. I have had plenty of chicks ask me the same question over the years. One used to go on about I would spend $XXXX on my car and I wouldn't buy her bunch of flowers worth $50 bucks. Its a bit hard explaining to someone who does not have in the blood as to what is more important.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 6d

Also you dont buy something new for your car then chuck it 2 days later like flowers lol

Buying flowers is cheap insurance for expensive divorce. It's a commercial decision, especially as I've been married 35 years.... and still get to play with my cars.

Brian

• Like 2