Rearview Mirror

DrGonzo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3d

hi all picked up my G6Et yesterday what a great car took it for a drive up old pacific hwy to brooklyn and a bit beyond and the back on freeway ,wondering if anyone can help regards rearview mirror its says in manual that a green light should be on if auto dipping is working I cant see any green light the reason I ask is that im 6ft 2in and im finding that I need to adjust mirror up more but cant go any furthur I am thinking that auto dip maybe on and hasnt gone off can anyone help cheers

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d

Auto dip doesn't physically move the mirror, it electro-chromatically tints it when it detects that the light coming from behind is greater than from in front.

Does it have a button on the front of it? If so press that and you should get a green light next to it. If no button then it's active permanently (except when reverse is engaged), they changed this in the later build vehicles but haven't updated the owners manual.

You may have to fiddle with the actual knuckle behind the mirror to get it up higher rather than just trying to tilt it. Congrats on the car too.