Do I Buy An F6 Or Gt? Arrrggg!

CHILLR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m

Honestly, im gonna get myself a supercharged GT or GTE, only because for my street cruiser I want that v8 note hence why I have the force 8 at the moment, but am now also chasing that punch off the line while still retaining the ability to tow my ED to events.

I can't agree more with what Panda Eyes has said, I got addicted to that progressive increase in accelleration. More so with the lag, then light switch slam into your seat feeling of the turbo 6. Turbo 6 definitely feels faster.

However the new 5.0l motor can push out an enormous amount of power with bolt ons only as well, all comes down to what kind of delivery you want and what the car is gonna be used for.

long story short lol, drive both, work out what you want, work out what you can afford, then make a decision.

Edited by retro-xr6t
  • Like 1

• Member For: 19y 9m 23d

so many people have gone from fast v8's to turbo 6's and got addicted. the progressive push in the seat harder and harder is hard to beat...

I've had 4 V8s in my driving time & just bought a T, hopefully ill be addicted lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7d

Ill definitely drive both before making a decision. Hopefully driving them both stock will give me enough of an idea.

Id be sticking to 275s on either car, but not being able to get power to the ground could be annoying in the S/C. It was actually irritate me. I like to flog others off the lights!! ;-)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 28d

............................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................

Id be sticking to 275s on either car, but not being able to get power to the ground could be annoying in the S/C. It was actually irritate me. I like to flog others off the lights!! ;-)

Traction is the worst problem in my opinion with these FPVs.The Rspec model of the GT goes some way to diminish the problem,however at a price which is ridiculous(>$80,000 otr)

I fixed the majority of my traction issues by simply buying the same sized tyres(my F6 is stock)but the Michelin Super Sports,excellent in the dry and wet.I still cannot believe they fitted the same Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres on the Rspec.

If you decide on the F6 you will most likely miss the acceleration sound of a V8.I've owned a modded XR5 and I miss the sound that car use to make under acceleration and when changing down.An advantage of the quieter car is that the cops will not hear your car before(if) they see you accelerating at a very rapid rate :lol:

The F6 may be a little more balanced in the handling aspect.You maybe able to give a F6 more of " beating" and not lose much power because of the intercooler.Heat can be the worst enemy of a forced induction engine.

In the end it's your decision,good luck!

Edited by timetaker
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 18d

It funny , how you read about both the pro's and con's of each car, and you can see yourself knodding with each sentence , and that small voice deep down inside , telling you , I told you so , , that is the exact reason you should choose the F6, then the same voice tells you - that it the reason you should choose the GT

It is very easy to understand , why , who ever , is passion about their drive , go's around and around .

In truth , the answer is , the sound and whine of the GT , the badge , and the balance ride, and performance of the F6 - Done !! Where can I buy it ? - You can't, hence back on the merry go round .

In fairness to the earlier threads .. yes , a drive is required , but as the said vehicle's offer so much in their own special way - the drive , only goes to annoy you further . If the comparison in stock form was 5.4 GT against F6 - we would not have a single thread asking to put us out of our own misery .. However , the GT335 - v - F6 , both vehicles are excellent - and I am afraid I can not help those of us whom are finding the choice still so difficult as I myself find myself in the some sh*t !

I feel we (those of us in need of help) need to meet on a Thurs night , and work through the workshop LOL hahaha :sungum:

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 7d

I got driven around for a bit in a tune only gt 335 making high 300's at the wheels and it was awesome. I know cars feel faster from the passenger seat but it had me laughing. if you get one and get a tune I dont think you will be too worried about not having the f6 performance. I want one now lol

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 28d

yeah the sound of the charged v8 is mesmerizing... go the gt- where on the street can you tell the diff between 0-200 in 12 secs or 13?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 9d

I saw a 335 gt a couple of days ago and faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrk me it looked good, it was lowered silver with the black stripes and had a exhaust sounded amazing and looked just as good!!! Too bad I would of smoked him but other then that it looked awesome!!!

• Like 1