500Rwkw Here I Come

131FPV

• Member For: 12y 5m 6d

ah ok, side clearance ....... hope im wrong but that cant be fixed spool need to give u new rods. if that's the problem I mean. sorry if I missed but what head studs ?

Yeah if that is the problem spool need to supply new rods. I've got ARP head studs on it instead of the factory bolts cause under high PSI the head can lift

So I got a call this morning from John at PLR to let me know that he is very sorry that I won't have my car going for the Xmas break and said that all of the costs involved in fixing the oil pressure problem he will pay for and said I won't need to pay anything. This is good to know that there is still ships out there that will not only cover the cost of the repair but also the labour that another shop has charged to remove and refit a motor.

The motor will be sent to John next week and he will start on fixing it on the 7th of January so when Lee at RDP comes back on the 14th the motor will be ready to go back in hopefully for the last time.

• Like 1

Makes me wanna pull my finger out and get my oil psi gauge sorted lol

Mine has the autometer cobalt gauge but was hooked to the factory sender. So while the engines out Lee is going to put a adaptor in with the autometer sender to give correct readings

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 2d

so could just be the gauge reading low ?! that's real awesome of jon to do that. especially still not knowing what the prob is. maybe he will chase spool up 4 cash after.

• Like 1

so could just be the gauge reading low ?! that's real awesome of jon to do that. especially still not knowing what the prob is. maybe he will chase spool up 4 cash after.

Nah not the gauge they used a separate gauge not a on car one. They had a standard xr6t in the shop to compare with using the same gauge and was about 10psi lower throughout the rev range. Some might say that is just on the borderline of being ok but lee knows this car and the potential that it has and does not want to let it go because it would fail down the road.