Rear Muffler Removal For Straight Pipe

Bellato

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 19d

Cheers goliath. I had the idea that it wouldnt matter so much being a stock system. But would like him to mandrel bend it just for strength and the fact that there is not a heap of welds up the exhaust.

• Donating Members

Well just got in contact with the guy and only quoted on one pipe and not two. The price went from $125 to $240. Im like wth? And he said the first quote was for one pipe this one is for two pipes, so double the price. And to add to the anoyance, he was going to chop my muffler out and weld pipes in, nog flange it. So I said forget it, and walked out.

Now im tempted to buy pre made pipes and be done with it, since all the prices around where I live are about the same price as this...

post-48623-135399792632_thumb.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 10d

I would look at doing something like that ^^. I did my rear muffler with my old mans help for $80 including tip. We didn't worry about flanging it because if I really didn't like it that much I was just going to buy a new rear section from a wrecker.

• Donating Members

Yeah, that pre made bit looks the goods, but its. Pricey, $275. Or theres a redback cat back on ebay for $400 inc shipping. Not sure what way to go, I reckon the rear pipes would sound sweet.

Well went to carline mufflers today and the guy was really helpful and took alot of time to explain my options, getting rear removed and replaced with 2 hotdogs. Not flanged though. Cost will be $195.