Rear Muffler Removal For Straight Pipe

Bellato

• Member For: 11y 6m 20d

How do you remove the rear muffler from a bf xr6 turbo, I just can't get it over the diff without it getting stuck no matter how I maneuver it, is there a trick to it? The car is also on a hoist but I still can't get it out

• Member For: 13y 1m 7d

hey guys iv been having some thoughts about removing the 2 rear mufflers.. (xforce system)who has done this if so how did it sound and do u have a vid?

Edited by Poelwyk

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 10d

How do you remove the rear muffler from a bf xr6 turbo, I just can't get it over the diff without it getting stuck no matter how I maneuver it, is there a trick to it? The car is also on a hoist but I still can't get it out

Just look for where there is the most room to get it up and over, it is a pita to do though

• Member For: 12y 30d

Hey guys,

Got my center muffler removed on Friday at Fat Pipes through a mate. Didn't cost much - they did a tidy job - it's on an FG Manual sedan.

Love the sound of it at idle.

Seems to drone between 1500-2500 RPM depending on the throttle (up hills you can hear it).

LOVE the crackles and pops between shifts and on engine braking (sounds flemmy haha).

Unsure what I think when I'm giving it the business. Just sounds 'louder' - nothing more.

That's not a bad thing - but with the sound differences at idle and shifts, I kind of expected a different sound - but nope, just straight XR6T but louder.

Really good value for money - way happier with the exhaust note now.

For the record - I have noticed zero performance differences. Doesn't feel slower or faster at all - just, louder.

I'll try and get some audio or video up in the next week or so, just in case there's one more person left on the planet who isn't sure on this mod.

Edited by samcaula13

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 9d

I removed the rear muffler on my G6ET on the weekend, sounded great on the drive home, over the past few day with the nice weather and window done, the noise (loudness) is starting to become almost offensive.

I love the idle, in your face noise at WOT and crackle on overrun, but, the drone from 2300-3500 is terrible.

I am thinking of going back and getting a resonator put in or a hi-flow smaller muffler.

Will that help with the droning and quieten it down a bit?

What have people done to quieten down their exhaust?

What the difference between a hot dog and a resonator?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 9d

A hot dog will mostly reduce the drone and not the exhaust loudness...is that correct?

What about a hooker aero muffler, with a compromise with lower noise level, reduced drone? Like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOOKER-AERO-MUFFLER-3-OFFSET-IN-OFFSET-OUT-21530HKR-/200608418936?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb5318c78

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 4m 1d

Hi All,

Sorry to bring up an old post, but was wondering, which replacement pipe would be better for a sedan for no drone? Dual 2.5" or single 3". Don't really want to put a hot dog in if I can help it. I am after anything better than stock, but not attention seeking. Coming from a VX SS 3.5" loud sureflo system + Extractors, I was pulled over more times I can remember (even on way home back from exhaust shop). My G6ET 50th gets back from repairers soon (stupid woman on phone in new Audi Q3) and decided to start with a few mods. PW street intake + plaz muffler delete pipe.

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,

Jack

• 9 months later...