• Member For: 12y 3m 18d

hey guys so have purchased most of my gear for my ute install already

indipendant headunit sony with 3 rca outs

kicker monoblock sub amp

300w rms slimline amp

alpine type r 2 way 6 inch (100w rms each) for front

4 chanel kicker (total 350 w rms)

--what im undecided on is the speakers that will go in the rear slots

I have sitting around a pair of aurion cobalt 2 way 5x7 65 w rms each....but unsure weather to put these in the back or go for a pair of kicker 6x9 3-way (70w rms)

from what I understand with the air capacity of the ute I probly dont even need any rear speakers but I think it would be a bit unbalanced if I do that so going to put something in the back

would the 3 way balance out my sound a bit better? oppinions please :)

and also wondering has anyone put 6x9 in the rear speaker slots in their ba-bf utes

noticed these on ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6x9-Ford-BA-BF-Falcon-Ute-Speaker-Adaptor-Spacers-5x7-/250774590487?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a63549417#ht_3405wt_992

would this bring the 6x9 out enough?

cheers justin

• Member For: 12y 2m 26d

I just went through an install in my FG ute and IMO I wouldn't put rear speakers in.

All this is going to do is mess with your stereo image and sound stage up front, the problem is any speaker producing over 300hz allows you to pick where the sound source is.

I tried putting a couple of 6.5" sub in the rear spots but I had trouble getting a good enough seal in that cavity.

Here is an album I made - http://s1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii619/jjrooney/

Main thing I would push for is rather than the money on the 6x9's defiantly get some sound deadness onto that back wall.

Made a massive difference to the road noise I was dealing with.

Cheers,

J

• Member For: 12y 3m 18d

yeh I hear yah man, still though I have the 5x7 sitting there and can go swap em for the 6x9 for not much extra money so gunna chuck em in anyway

just unsure which is gunna be better the 5x7 or the 6x9

hmm interesting I have seen quite a few people putting sound deadening in but havnt done much reading into it, haha hadnt even considered it for my install untill now :s

what do you mean by road noise? is the deadening to stop everyone else hearing the musicoutside the car? or to stop echoing rattling noises

and how much is the sound deadening cost?

sorry for all the questions

cheers justin

• Member For: 12y 2m 26d

Deadness is more to stop noise in the cabin from the car going along, if you have swapped the wheels you generate a heap more noise going from a 17" lower profiles 19" etc...

Also treating the rear wall will help the low end of your system, doing the doors reduces road and engine noise.

Check out eBay for Dynamat or similar to look at the cost.