Lc2I/ Line Converter Wiring

kdd007`

• Member For: 12y 3m 17d

Hi guys looking to upgrade my 2009 xr6T FG. Non premium sound

Was just going to upgrade the sub as of now will do the speakers later.

I have been doing some research and is getting confused with so much information

I will be connecting all this to my stock ICC.

I know I need pre outs RCA since the stock ICC doest have any so after doing some research I have purchased the AUDIOCONTROL LC2i

which I will be connecting to my MB Quart ONYX ONX1.1600 Monoblock amp and then to my Kicker 11VS12L72 sub.

my main question is how do I connect the lc2i to the rear speakers wires.do I just cut the speaker wires and connect it straight to the lc2i or do I have to tap into it ( which I am guessing means making a slight slit between the speakers wires and soldering the Lc2i wires to the speaker with to make sorta like a three way connection.) Also do I need to find a remote wire behind the icc or do I just connect it to the cig lighter.I know these might sound like some noob questions but I need your help please.help much appreciated. Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 11d

The line level converter just needs to be wired into the front or rear speaker wires. Just simply solder them in left to left and right to right.

What do you mean by remote wire? If you mean trigger wire then you should be able to use one of the wires to the cigarette lighter or alternatively you could test other wires with a test light and turning the key on and off

• Like 2

• Member For: 12y 2m 27d

If you want to keep running the rear speakers you will need to split them to create and input for the line convertor.

Something to check out in regards to the remote wire is if the convertor has a signal sensing function, with the Alpine unit I just installed it constantly draws a tiny current and as soon as it sees signal is boots up and also have the capability of sending a remote out to the amplifier to switch on.

This is really handy with the FG as you can change when the music stops, either when you remove the key or when you open the drivers door.

Good luck,

J

• Like 1