The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 20d

Wouldn't your own power bill still be better off as you're drawing less off the grid?

Still what's pissing me off? My across the cul-de-sac neighbours are trying to fix a poo-troll.. And it won't start.. But they keep trying to start it.. and all I can hear is the constant screeching of a starter motor..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 30d

J@, I don't think you realise nobody is eligible for the govt feed in tariff anymore. It's been like that since oct last year. The ones that have it till 2016 were signed up before then. Only 8-12 cents is offered by the retailer now. This has always been the case for WA and they are still selling well there. What you probably didn't know though is that the price of recs went up about the time the tariff was lowered. So we are still offering 25c pkw and soon will be offering 35. Recs price is like petrol price though it never stays in one place but if you do the math you actually don't loose even if you end up paying for a customers export. Send them a cheque for 50 bucks a year and they are chuffed.

Also I bet you didn't know off grid battery systems are coming. Then everyone will be trying to figure it out all over again and we are already there. The industry is far from dead.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 21d

No arguement but just constructive debate but .....

Battery powered systems have come and gone and if they come back they will need way better technology than what is on todays market

The same always issue will be

Price of replacement,storage space,efficiancy

If u over come this u have the world in your hands

I am all for latest n greatest but there have been so many "flighty" inventions in the past and no one backs them enough or they just fall over due to crap desing

The solar thing has merrit always has but its when the supplier sees joe blow producing hes own supply they want to shut it down due to the lost profit

Massive suppliers like AGL origin etc would kick a massive stink if u try to take the bread from there mouthes and the government has huge intrest in keeping these companys open to generate GST for one

A few of the "people in the know" said this would happen ( the solar bullchit ) and are not supprised

Very intresting to see what the near future brings but what ever it is will involve paying market price for electricity in one way or another

A battery licence or reg on batterys will not supprise me , sounds dumb now but it will be some crap attached to it

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

Anyone still having issues with the forum since the 'upgrade' ?

Let us know...

no problems at all.

everything seem fine and dandy.

or maybe its all still exactly the same as it was before whatever it is that was supposed to get fixed.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 30d

The space part is sorted. The tech is very much in progress and may be released to me by 3rd qtr to pull apart and test. If the battery life is 12 hrs at even 500whr then it's already win.

Some people draw way too much power at night and the batteries still need to be charged in the day so it's more if a reaction to reducing the tariff. You will still be drawing from te grid but you will also have power at night instead of relying on selling electricities.

Houses that use less than 10kw a day however shouldn't need grid power at all.

I know the retailers will hate it but too bad for them. It's the distributors that are screaming for the tech. They are the ones that get fined by the govt if the grid doesn't perform during peak demand and its overloaded constantly.

Somewhat related, I'm going to see LED guys on Friday. These guys have the shizzle of LEDs. Can't wait.

I am pissed off at the fact that I need to get out of bed.

• Gold Donating Members

That system would rock if the old j tarrif system was still viable

Use in the day batterys

Charge at night for cheap kw/h's

Getting out of bed is way to hard,snooze gets flogged hard

• Gold Donating Members

I know I try to uphold c0ckhead status full time here but every now and then my real self leaks out

Leaking right now ......... From anus

Cheers

• Like 1

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 5d

my wisdom teeth are moving around again..... happens every 6 months or so... did not have a good night...