What Gauges Does Everyone Use

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 18d

Well your a goose. Looks over function is plain stupid. Gauges are there to give information. Incorrect information is useless. I agree they don't look the best but the quality is there

All he needs to do is cut the plate and mount the gauges lower from below he plate

I was thinking exactly that mate, have the base plate below the cover

• Donating Members

how many people have cooked a engine ,even when the gauge read cold (no water to give reading )gauges to me are only for looks ,by the time I look over and I relies no oil pressure the engine is stuffed .or if it over boost the same thing .ITS TO LATE .just like if you get done by a radar (thought I was doing the speed limit ) but no you were over .that's why gauges are over rated

So your saying that if I notice my oil pressure dropping a little it's already too late to shut the car down and get it checked? So your saying if the temp gauge increases more than usual it's already too late to turn it off before it overheats? I dont know about you but I've never cooked a motor, it's a thing called regular maintenance... Edited by Spyathe

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 20d

hi arronm ,so you are saying that the auto meter ones do not work .you have got them your self you goose.

Autometer aint cheap gauges.

And where did you mention autometer

• Member For: 10y 7m 19d

I was thinking exactly that mate, have the base plate below the cover

then why did you not say that in the first place ? .I am not going to take this any further due to we are both right about the gauge conversation ,that's why no one can win or loose . have a look at my pictures there is a autometer sender unit in one of the pictures that I posted ,that would mean that I have also got the gauges that go with it arronm. autometer are cheep compared to those defi gauges . top fuel drag cars have gages (not a lot of time to look at them ) maybe they should use defi ones instead of autometer ones ,might save them a blown engine :surrenderwave:

• Member For: 12y 7m 7d

Well, my plx gauge arrive today! I must say I'm pretty impressed. Quality bit of kit. I've got it all ready to go to be installed (as soon as I find the time). Only thing I had to modify was the threads on the cobalts (cut as they were too long) and dremel out the base of the ICC top so that the plx serial connector could pass through. Super stoked at the setup though. Should look great and be extremely functional on the F6!!

nu8uqyju.jpg

su9egady.jpg

dejuduqy.jpg

I'll be sure to get some decent shots when its installed.

Cheers,

Rob

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 23d

Put it in the middle of the two silver ones and calm my mild OCD!

• Like 6

• Member For: 12y 7m 7d

Put it in the middle of the two silver ones and calm my mild OCD!

Hahaha. I did try the gauges in all different positions but in the end settled with this arrangement simply because it's from most to least importance. I got the PLX just to watch trivial things like water temp and the like, I'd prefer to know about oil pressure and boost in my immediate periphery.

Lol, I'm the same !!!

Sorry guys... It'd mean I'd need to pull it all out again and dremel the middle opening. Might take a stab at starting the wiring this weekend. Has anyone got some decent ICC wiring references so that I can get the dimmer voltage wires etc from them? I'd really love to control the to autometers using the ICC dimming control like factory. The PLX should be pretty basic just needing power and OBD2 connector. In saying that, has anyone had a test light on the cigarette lighter 12v feed whilst craking over? Could do myself I guess I'm just lazy. I need to find a constant 12V source once ignition is on to keep the auto's happy for calibration.

I'm still not sure if I'm better off just going the jiffy box route for wiring and fusing, and keep the dimming separate on a stand alone pot. Maybe I should talk to an auto elec and see what his thoughts are.

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by demon1300

• Donating Members

Cigarette lighter is not constant when cranking, if you take your illumination feed from any "lights on" source they should automatically dim with the rest of the dash, check the illumination at the cigarette lighter, if that dims, you should be right to take it from there