What Gauges Does Everyone Use

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 17d

boost, tee offf the BOV

oil temp will require sandwich plate for oil filter

AFR , whire or grey wire of the O2 sensor , (takes about 30 secs for it to start working) so be paitent

power and lights from cig lighter

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 1d

The AFR will depend on whether its Wideband or not. If its not, then its about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. If its wideband then you will need a new bung welded into the dump pipe with a new Wideband oxygen sensor. Then you will need a device that takes the sensors readings and converts them into useful data for your gauge. I have a this http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php. real easy to use.

The oil temp as mentioned will need a sandwich plate between the oil filter and block. I would hook the gauge and electrics up and then wait until you drop the oil and then install the plate.

Boost is easy.

As for the electrics I have run everything off of the ciggy lighter as its only active with the key in the ignition and turned to Accessory. I also put plugs on all the gauge wiring so they can be removed without having to cut all the electrics again. If you want light on only with the headlights ON then you will need to cut a wire in the ICC harness although im not sure which one as there are many to choose from.

• Donating Members

narrow afrs are ok for seeing whats happening , just not how much.

IF it is the wideband kit , the gauge comes with sensor, bung and all you need. u dont need another sensor , or interface kit , just the bung welded in

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 1d

Ah that's all right, I had to buy everything for my WB AFR separate.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 1d

My gauge/s are connected to my traction control light.. Anyone know why that would be?

My gauges light up white when the car is on and when I turn the parkers or headlight on, they change to blue, is it because of this? If so is there another place to tap into to get the same effect?

I have just got my window switches illuminated with LED's and I think they are messing with the gauge, as it stays blue all the time and my boost gauge isn't working, it lights up normally though. that's the only that has changed so I'm leaning towards it. I haven't taken out the window switches to see if it fixes the gauge but ill do that tomorrow.

• Donating Members

Trac light would be for illumination.

Just wire them to the cig lighter and light them all the time

The illumination system ford use is backwards

Positive is 12 v all the tIme

Earth floats Depending on brightness settings

Most after market gauges use pos to vary brightness and being led polarity comes into play

If its hooked to trac control. Earth will not be earth

• 2 weeks later...