What Gauges Does Everyone Use

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 23d

I got the top end audio gauges - oil press, boost, oil temp

then I made a single gauge bracket for the tissue box and put an aeroforce intercepter gauge in. The gauge plugs into your computer via fusebox (keep forgetting the actual name of the port) but it can display two parameters from any sensor on the car. Its the easiest of all gauges to install. From memory theres about 30 different parameters. I have mine showing trans temp and air intake temp.

It can even give you quarter mile times ;)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 23d

I cant remember the exact cost but it wasnt all that expensive

the aeroforce website advertises the single for US$250 and US$399 for dual gauges plus postage

http://www.xtremeautogauges.com.au/ do also sell them however looks like there website is down

There is a list of atleast 30 parameters it can read e.g air intake, trans temp, misfires,boost, throttle position etc etc, bloody handly gauge.

post-35221-0-08900400-1331445884_thumb.j

post-35221-0-21371300-1331445895_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 5m 22d

I think mechanical gauges are old tech. THere are small controllers like Edge Insight, Dashdaq, ultragauge etc that read off the OBD port.

I dont know why Ford could not have interfaced the OBD port with the upspec LCD screen in the car.

Check this out. http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=145&pvk=405

The only issue is whether the Ford OBD port outputs at a sufficient speed to make the gauges work at their best. I saw a youtube vid with a guy using it in his Subaru and said the gauges were quick as, but when he put it in one of his other cars the gauges did not work as quick due to the slow output rate of the OBD port.

Anyway I am looking at using one of these as my boost gauge.

• Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 25d

So I suppose you mount that on the window kind of like a GPS? Would prefer the cup gauges on top of the ICC, not as obvious and more tidy, no cables around etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 6m 30d

hey guys.. ive got the fg triple gauge holder with auto meter gauges , just wondering if anyone can recommend a good auto electrician in brisbane (on the northside) to install them..

Cheers.

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 1d

Depends on the Gauges but its certainly not hard to do yourself. If you have oil reading gauges you will need the relevant fittings for the turbo oil feed line or a sandwich plate to go between the block and filter. The later will require you to wait for a service before you can finish the install. Removing the ICC is pretty straight forward and only takes 5mins to route and hide the wires, only real headache with the FGs if getting a lighting wire to have the gauges only light up with the head lights. I personally wouldn't worry about it, during the day you would not be able to tell they are lit anyway.