What Gauges Does Everyone Use

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 30d

That scan gauge looks really helpful. Looks like a way better choice then a wideband af gauge. Thx for that mate.

I'd rather know what my AFR's are doing underboost than airtemp/trans temp/Coolant Temp

Im running an Autometer Pro-Comp Mech Boost and a techedge LA-1 AFR gauge driven by a 2J1 Wideband contoller/driver. This also feeds a WB02 signal into my HPT MVPI that I data log from.

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 16d

Autometer Cobalt A/F

What are they like? Whats needed to install one? Where abouts does the oxy sensor go? I've just always been told they are always all over the shop and not very accurate at all... Maybe they were cheapies..?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 9d

I've got a narrow band AF gauge and its actually very very annoying flashes backward and forward all the time lol..this bung you speak off what does this do and how much??

ALso is anyone running those kiwi plx iphone gauge thing?? they look pretty interesting and kinda cool anymore info would be awesome..

p.s sorry to hijack lol

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

The bung has an M18x1.5mm thread to suit the 02 sensor. They cost about $4....

post-7403-0-13098400-1305592378_thumb.jp

You just need to get a exhaust shop to weld in it (in the dump before the cat at least 300mm from the turbine outlet is the best combo for accuracy and sensor life. you can go closer to the turbin but the sensor wont last as long) Its very important that the sensor is mounted at leat 15 deg above horizontal so any condensation the builds up in the exhaust drain off and does cause the sensor heater element to crack/fail

• Like 1

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 16d

Awesome, so the bung on the nizpro dump would be ideal? Or does the factory oxy sensor go in there?

5728125255_ab65e695e1_z.jpg

Then it would just need power to the gauge, so it shouldn't be to hard to wire up.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

It would be ideal, except the Pcm needs the factory sensor installed there :)

I actually have mine installed there and my factory one slightly further down stream. If the sensor are closer than around 100mm apart its important to have installed so one sensor doesnt "block" the other or cause any swirlling in the gas that could affect the accuracy

theoretically the longer distance to the sensor could affect the transport delay (the time it takes for the gas to reach the sensor after the exhaust valve opens.) which could potentially affect the PCM's cylinder afr trimming but just about every aftermarket dump puts the sensor in a different spot and I dont think another 100mm is going to make much difference at the speed the gas travels at!

• Member For: 13y 11m 10d

Can I ask, with the aeroforce obd2 gauge, can it read gearbox temp off the bat, or do you need to buy a special sensor for it to read the temperature?

Thanks.