What Gauges Does Everyone Use

• Member For: 14y 3m 17d

sounds good mate - take it their in good condidtion ? and do you have the electrical connections for the back of them still? happy to pay $100 for the lot, what about postage cost

Sorry to waste your time mate but Autometer gauges are no longer available. Still have the original oil pres and boost though.

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 23d

I have the custom gauges from top end audio in my car. But I am looking at selling my car. Does anybody know of any other gauges that will fit the tripod from pole position and connect to the sensors already there??? Ill take the custom gauges with me into BF II. The gauges are exhaust temp, oil press and boost.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 4d

I dont know 100% but I would say that youd need the same brand gauges to accept the sensors, but I could be wrong.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 2d

Are they elec or mechanichal? Those cheap drift from autobahn or you can get specos from repco for like 40-50 each.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 11m 2d

Hey guys,

It's getting time to do some mods, one of the first things I want to do is install some gauges. I have two questions, I've already done plenty of searching through and google-ing and just after some more specific answers

First question, which gauge holder to use? I want it to still look factory, so does that mean waiting around for an FPV one to pop up for sale? I've seen the SS inductions ones but they screw in which I don't like, which leaves the pole performance tripod and the xcite dual. I like the idea of the pole performance as it holds 3, and looks fairly factory from what I can see, ie colour matching and shape, but I can't access their website or anything, are they still around?

Second question, what gauges. I'm thinking autometer cobalts as they are getting good reviews and match the XR blue pretty well, what about ozegauges? They look good, but reading the FAQ on their site it mentions that you can't wire it up to the factory dimming because of the circuitry inside them, is that so?

Also, what actual gauges to get, mechanical boost obviously, and I'm thinking elec oil pressure and the for third (assuming I get the tripod) either oil temp, air/fuel or trans temp, any thoughts?

Install looks relatively straight forward, just a pain to get all the wires etc around. T-piece for the boost, and a oil pressure sandwich plate for the oil, which just fits in with the oil filter from what I can see?

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated, thanks

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 12d

Mate the Pole Position is the go. But yeah, hard to get onto. I got mine through a google search and bought it from a place in Perth.

As for guages, screw the expendsive ones. Again, got mine off ebay. Stepmotor ones and they look ok to me. I went for Oil temp, oil pressure and boost.

Heres a quick vid of them starting up (If it attaches.)

They are a bit noisy in that they tick a bit when the radio is not on, but considering the price of tsome...

Anyway mate, you get what you like, I'm just giving you an example and a look of the holder. Clips in, looks the goods.

Edited by Rudiger

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 4d

Why mechanical boost. You could get elec stepper motor type gauges for all, and you can tap the oil one into the line for the turbo with a brass t fitting. If you search someone has done that and mentioned the part number, think it was a VDO part.

I have the FPV mount and Defi gauge.

• Member For: 13y 8m 4d

Mate if your not worried about price go the pole position tripod with the drift iridium guages looks great.Bost - $190 Oil temp - $150 Oil Pressure - $160

• Member For: 13y 11m 2d

Ahh I had just heard/read that mechanical boost gauges gave a better result, if a elec stepper motor type will give just as good a result, I will go with one of them then.

Found a doco from ozegauge that includes install instructions and what you mention with the brass tee piece to the turbo or oil pressure switch

www.ozegauge.com.au/docs/All_sm_type.doc

Drift iridium look really cool, money isn't really too much of an issue, and the pole position tripod looks like it's the way to go

Cheers for the advice so far

Edited by jacksplatt11