Ute Audio Install

macca2042

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 30d

Somebody needs to mount an iPad into the factory facia already!!! Problem solved.

True that.

I used a product called RE-Q. It takes the high level (speaker) output from any factory head unit, retains the Bass lost and allows you to EQ the signal before running it into your amps. Great product and cheap.

I too have a ute and personally have never been a fan of the aftermarket head unit down below (even though we fit them at my work all the time)

You can splice into the wiring, but if you go to use the factory ICC, you must have your aftermarket head unit switched off completely.

The other option is to buy any head unit (preferbly with rear AUX in for neater install) and then you just use a high to low level converter off the factory ICC and have that run into the AUX in of the head unit. Then basically you have all the features available on your stereo you have bought, plus the 6 Stacker coming from the ICC and playing through AUX in of the stereo.

I deal with Car Audio all day long at work. We've done every possibly solution, except iPad's :P

• Like 2

• Member For: 12y 2m 27d

With my install I just grabbed the alpine pxe h-660, it has an rca aux in and remote so you can switch sources with the push of a button.

Also has separate level control and drops the eq used to correct the HU when you switch sources.

Should have it all together in the next couple of weeks so I will let you know how it goes.

Also for a ute defiantly look at some dynamat for the rear wall and doors, it's crazy the difference it makes.

• Member For: 12y 2m 27d

There are 2 inputs on the processor, the speaker/line converter input will be the ICC and the line level RCA input could be another head unit/iPod whatever.

It has a little remote switch to change input sources.