Idle Issue

ENVYOSXR

• Member For: 14y 15d

guys,

I have searched the forums for a while now about idle issues but couldn't find anything like my problem. Car is a BA XR6T 6SP manual, drives perfectly until I need to slow down to a stop. I put my foot on the clutch at about 1500RPM and roll to a stop. When I do this the RPM lifts to about 2000rpm and wont usually drop to normal idle until I have come to a complete stop for 5 seconds or so. Once it reaches normal idle it stays there.

I remember having this issue about 4 years ago and it fixed it self, has now just started doing it again.

Any ideas?

I have a similar issue, where the revs drop below idle then up to around 1000rpm. So in essence the revs up and down a few times before settling back to idel. Any help please

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have had my car at the machanics this whole week and they have done all they think was causing the sh*t idle, pressure test came up good, injectors all good, coils good, head gasket all good, we changed the spark plugs, valve springs all good. Soooo both my self and the machanics are puzzled in what it can be all we know it that the cylinder 2 and 3 are not working properly, they are getting fuel and igniting but 2 I think is down and 3 is playing up.

Did this end up getting fixed? I remember on my old EL XR6 I had the same thing happening, pull up to lights push clutch in and she rev up to 2k then slugger quickly down to idle. Ended up being a dodgey earth cable to ecu (they changed ecu but did they check earth cables?) just a guess really, but at least it's free to check :)

• Member For: 14y 15d

Na mate still not fixed we changed the ecu over and that still didnt fix it

Was told by my tuner it may be likely in the tune or at least it can be sort through this

Edited by 601Turbz