Leighs Ed Turbo

retro-xr6t

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 6d

Thanks Michael it's turning out pretty good so far :). Down the quarter after adjusting the suspension and sway bars I would expect low 11's high 10's. But not really setting this car up for the 1/4 or I would of gone an auto, I'm aiming to get a falcon that can go around a track decently (yeah I know that sounds retarded haha) eventually I'd love to give a targa road rally a whirl, so aiming to use this car on lots of track days and whatnot, rather than just straight line.

How's your EB going anyways with the TLR motor, I haven't logged into boosted in a fair while.

• Donating Members

hey retro nice build mate was the 9 inch a pretty simple to do does the eb have tonewheels on the axles for spedo or abs?

Hi Relentless, thanks mate. The 9 inch was basically a straight swap over, I had to send my old factory borg warner diff to get cut up so Final Drive could get the correct pinion angles and exact mounting positions and stuff. EB with ABS (optioned only) and all ED's have tone rings and ABS speed sensors on the rear axles. For Speedo theres a sender unit that uses the output shaft of the gearbox to work out speed im pretty sure, my t56 has a loom that plugs straight into the original sender unit im pretty sure, either htat or I have a new sender unit that works with the oem speedo. Can't remember exactly lol.

Its going to be a hell of alot of fun that's for sure! You through this build up on Boosted,Im sure there would be alot of guys intrested in this!

Its getting there mate,Not long now till its back on the road.

Yeah will be haha, might have to put a build thread up in Boosted sometime :). that's gold been a while coming now mate, bet you cant wait to finally get back behind the wheel of the 747 haha.

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members

Well not whole heap has happened since last update but a few things have still gone ahead. Its now so close I can smell the ethanol burning!

Exhaust out the back, 3.5" stainless pipe welded onto the back of the Magnaflow muffler, looks hella fat.

D777AC13-1F30-409C-B00E-C7DAE76F2325-410

Remote throttle body setup going on and alloy radiator fitted as well with twin fans from BRS. From an LS1 and from memory is 74mm.

8E364008-E168-429B-8697-C855A130304F-410

photo2.jpg

779ACCE3-8CDE-442F-8D1E-1D64A3D21035-410

Got some custom plates

F8A46CE1-2326-4DFE-B4C9-4137612BFD0B-445

Picked these up as well, set of genuine EL GT's 17x8.5's so hopefully will clear brakes, going to run my R comp tyres on these rims.
photo3.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
Well after a lot of hard work and effort from all involved and especially the BYE Performance team, It lives, and post Run in tune was done on thursday night last week and we left it at a very safe 622rwhp @ 25psi and 1325Nm of torque at the wheels on E85 for now.

Then Friday night went off to Antilag Racewars, which is a first time event just outside of Perth at Wyalkatchem aerodrome. 1540m Airstrip where we did 1000m top speed runs and head to head 400m and 800m runs. I drove the car from Perth all the way Wyalkatchem (180km each way), raced all weekend with over 30 runs down the strip and drove home without breaking anything.

Over the course of the weekend managed to hand out much chop chop.

Dyno run, my phone went flat and I missed out on the 622rwhp run but here's a 578rwhp one that I did get.

Anyways here some pics of the completed car

Dyno Sheet, had a bit of wheel spin indicated by the dip in the middle there

DynoSheetRuninED_zps9d13df1f.jpg

Couple bay shots

Bayleftfinished_zpscc656102.jpg

Bayrightfinished_zps1fd438b7.jpg

Boot Finished

BootFinished_zps68aac2c1.jpg

The Aim MXL Strada fitted into custom dash backing with custom indicators, check engine light, high beam and hand brake

DashFinished_zpsfe809bdf.jpg

Underneath the back of the car has the Cell recessed and the 1800hp Holley Dominator and aeromotive 40 and 100 micron fuel filters

UndercarCell-pump_zps13336399.jpg

Here's some chop being handed at Antilag Racewars