Leighs Ed Turbo

retro-xr6t

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 6d

Thanks guys, happy as with the car. Going back to the strip in a couple weeks with some 275 ET streets, will see what I can punch out then with a good launch.

Here's the bootlid spoiler pics

20130927_135811_zps3f78952c.jpg
20130927_135800_zpsaa11aef0.jpg
  • Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 26d

Now, side on!

I'm a demanding bitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
Powercruise just happened! Had a pretty good time. Didn't come without dramas though.

Friday I was on limiter down the main straight in the wet and noticed coolant burning smell and temps were rising, so pulled back into the pits to find a welsch plug had fallen out of the back of the block in the bellhousing. Raced to repco got another one and spent all of friday night replacing it, then with no sleep flogged it all day saturday with no dramas.

Sunday morning saw a fuel blockage, luckily for me I clued onto it pretty quick and Justin from BYE kept the tune really safe so the motor was left intact. Turned out my 10 micron filter after the pump was completely blocked. So ran no filter after the pump and kept the 100 micron filter between the tank and the pump in there. Then in the last cruise session kept popping a cooler pipe at full boost.

Had a massive load of help from a lot of epic people over the weekend who helped me get it back on the road so I could hand out chop chop.

Then last night went in for a dyno session to make sure everything was sweet still and setup 2 step, replaced the 10 micron filter with another 10 micron in a bigger unit with more flow, put it back together but fuel pressure was low and was leaning out at just over idle. So pulled it apart again, checked 100 micron filter before the pump and that was heavily blocked, so cleaned that out, put it back together and I kinked a braided line which caused a blockage, and as a result of the pump being under so much stress from so many blockages, it decided to give way. Finally replaced that and the braided line and it worked all sweet but didnt get to do the retune!

Anyway, enough of all that boring stuff here's a couple videos, haven't got all of them yet

10 sec GTR vs BADTAXI

Skidpad

Edited by retro-xr6t
  • Like 2

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 26d

Fantastic result Leigh, especially the run aginst Brockas. I read his praise of your car over on AL, well done. Good thing you caught the coolant and fuel issues in time too!!!

• Donating Members

Cheers fellas, going back down the drags tomorrow with some 275/40/17 ET streets to see if I can get better MPH and Times, despite some of the dramas pretty damn happy with the car, its a new combo at nearly 700rwhp so to have only minor dramas is pretty decent imo.

Yeah cheers Steve I just happened to check my fuel pressure at the right time and it wasnt right, so was watching my AFR gauge when I got on boost and got off it as soon as I seen it start lean out