Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 23d

I still get any views I want - house was empty for 6 months before they moved in (and a window was open).

As I said - CCTV to keep the neighborhood safe.

If they ever have a home invasion in the shower or bedroom 3 or 4 it'l be on my harddrive.

• Like 3

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

hahahahahahahaha

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 22d

CCTV is awesome and one of the best investment I spend on my house. Doing mostly night shift the wife and kids feel safer and if wife hears something she can just flick it to HDMI and see all around the house. In saying that I didn't go cheap this time round went all out and got all network cameras and DVR. 

Cameras 4MP Turret Network Camera (night mode is out of this world so clear) all Hikvison

Also security alarm has been setup for night mode. Garage, Media and kitchen area.

I'll post pic later if you like of day and night.

• Like 2

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 21d
16 minutes ago, Pixy Angel said:

Cameras 4MP Turret Network Camera (night mode is out of this world so clear) all Hikvison

mmmm I supply hikvision stuff and I agree, it's all awesome :P easily cost a grand in parts for 4 cameras + one of their decent NVR's (australian stock)

I dont know about your other cameras but I must praise you/rab/whoevers camera it is lol for installing it at a decent angle, too many people install cameras too high, in an attempt to prevent vandalism/theft! With these fancy IP cam systems you can actually have the cameras set off a full alarm system if somebody knocks it/disconnects it/covers it/etc.

heck, pretty sure your 4MP hikvision gear supports licence plate and facial recognition (obviously you need so many pixels to perform these actions so camera placement is important), but pretty cool huh!

im playing with the uniview gear lately and I rate it higher than hikvision but what I really like is the hikvision cameras have no issues working with a uniview NVR (or dvr)!

Edited by skidxr6t
  • Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

I lost faith in getting any pressies from 

so decided to get myself an xmas gift

Sanitizing the droid now - brew goes on later tonight.

Edited by Rab
  • Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

It should take the noobie error factor out of it.

Pale Ale fermenting now (3 days in) - temp controlled, programmed, phone app etc - will tell me when it's ready to Keg.

Coopers sparkling (kit) for kegging once the Pale Ale's out of the fermenter.

Probably do Ginger Beer once the Coopers is out to bottle and keep in the cupboard (not a kit - will be my first experiment)

A couple more kits to get an idea of what the different yeasts/malt/hops etc add/take from the flavours and then more experimenting.

Will do some largers once the summer's over (ales seem to be happier with the warmer weather than the largers are - prefer to condition in the kegs in cooler temps)