Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• 2 months later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

For the house I bought (details here -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/91333-new-build-home-renovations-gardens-garages-sheds/?do=findComment&comment=1724504), a new couch doesn't go astray :)  My old brown one (pictured as a minor remnant in one of the pictures below, bought in roughly 2012) is in a state of disrepair but reasonable still, but not good enough for the main one in a new house. Electric instead of manual reclining and a wireless & wired charging drinks tray drop-down thing... not bad.

The boxes arriving at the new place when there's nothing moved-in yet: 
image.jpeg

Unboxed outside:
image.jpeg

Moved the bits into the house for the two separate recliners and the 3seater : 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And the setup. Goes very well :) except that desk you can see my laptop on the old couch, doesn't fit over the wider reclining portion of the 4 recliners, so that desk is out and a new one was needed...

image.jpeg

Have since moved the couches around having the 3-seater in the middle and the two separate recliners on the left and right of it; seems to work a lot better that way, as the wall opposite is angled towards the corner near that window and is better suited for main viewing from that 3 seater, which we use far more often

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

As mentioned above, I had to replace that desk :) 

bought this thing, assuming the legs would be mounted as wide as the desk surface so it would just barely clear the recliners, but nope... 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Since it wouldn't fit over the recliners, I pulled out the threaded inserts and moved them to a wider position, grabbed a spare garden stake that my missus had and cut it to size and bolted it in place of that black-rectangle thing into only the lower bolt hole so the entire mechanism of the recliner wouldn't get hit on the way in... the desk was ultra-wobbly in this state, but cleared it :) definitely needed another garden stake and some connection between the two to solidify/stiffen the structure and it also needs to be lower than this one, so drilling holes and getting fasteners needed to be done, but a usable result as-is.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg