Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 27d
Hey buddy be aware there's a big service schedule for the klugers at 80-110k which includes an intank petrol filter... sounds easy right , nup 

all the rear seats have to come out and half the arse of the car to ! It's a 8hr job and the ballpark price through Toyota is $1100-$1600 so make sure it's been done as apart of the deal and if the service book clearly DOESN'T state it's been done then it hasn't been as many opt to not do it in the 80-110k major 

we traded our 2010 model at this point without it being done also so it would be on the next owner to do  

This one turned out fine - I rang Toyota today and they confirmed fuel filter was definitely done at 80k and is shown on their service and invoice records.

I asked out of interest ready for next time. The 80k service (160k is the same once I get there) is $1k, but in addition to the fuel filter that price includes oil, oil filter, brake fluid flush, air filter, and changing the diff and transfer case oils.

Fuel filter on its own is about $500 - $170 for the part plus a couple hours of labour. So nothing to worry too much about. I imagine it depends on the individual dealer too.
  • Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 21d
13 hours ago, masda74 said:

So are you gonna test the toy out on Friday?

flogged out this week with jobs that have come in! just ordered 10 work shirts with embroidery yesterday.

it's wicked cause it lets you quickly diagnose whether the incoming line is or modem is bad, the buildings cabling is bad and if there is still issues it can even be used to diagnose whether its the computers connected to the modem that are the issue. I will make lots of money from it $$$$. Shame I wont get it for a week to 14 days as I want it now :(

its more than a test meter, it interprets the results to an extent too. one button to run a suite of tests which will tell you whats up with a line and where.

that's a sweet gear changing knob marco, makes it look like a race car :P

Edited by skidxr6t

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 23d

Finally got round to getting mine to the shop to diagnose the issues.

"Rat's eaten through the loom" was the early call.

:S

• Like 2