Cool Stuff You Just Bought

Ralph Wiggum

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 6d

So my on ear headphones (Beyerdynamic T51p) sh*t the tin last week. I was always a bit dubious about the cable attached to them as it seemed cheap and like it would be the first thing to go...low and behold, had to hold the cable in a certain way on the flight home Tuesday night, booo!

I had a string of ear infections this year, which somewhat leaves me unable to utilise my custom molded in ear monitors at work and at the gym, which sucks. So I decided I needed to find a new set of on ear headphones (need the portability for flights) I can take to work and use at the gym etc. Started doing a bit of reading around and thought maybe it's worth giving a Bluetooth set a go. There were a few options north of $500...wasn't sold on something like that for the gym, most had battery life between 12 and 17 hours. Came across a somewhat newly released set of Beats wireless on ear headphones, the Solo 3's. Ordinarily I'd have just written anything made by Beats off...however, this new variant has 40hrs of battery life...interesting. Went and had a listen at JB hifi and came away kinda ashamed to admit I didn't actually hate a set of Beats...didn't like the idea of paying $400 for a pair though.

Did a bit more reading this morning and saw Harvey Norman had them listed at $357, so went back to JB this morning and asked if they could beat it, expecting like $356 or something...dude was like "306 mate, smashed it!", RAD! So that plus the $50 gift card I still had from my birthday meant I picked them up for $256...and I'm ok with that!

Don't get me wrong, they're not exactly comparable to my in ear monitors, BUT they actually sound pretty decent. Beats have come a long way since I last listened to a pair. Plus, they're perfect for the gym, as no cables! And with 40hrs battery life that's pretty sweet. The range is actually awesome too, can walk the entire length of my house and not have it drop out at all, so could pretty much have my phone in a locker at the gym and still have music. Winning!

426886c5cc61e2e36f2dcb59c05a2e56.jpg

• Like 2

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

Yeah was gonna say it must be super efficient to keep it cold even when switched off :D

• Like 3

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 22d

Took the photo and went out. KNOBS......................

7kW pumps like a bitch.....

Edited by arronm
  • Like 2