Fg Rear Clunk

Bellato

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 13d

Yea Ralph diff bush was the first thing I thought from what I read but the mechanic at Ford reckons the diff bush is fine. (not that im the biggest fan of the dealership).

Whats the typical sign of the diff bush being buggered?

Im going to take the car in for a $14 pedders check when they're free and see if they can tell me whats actually shagged and whats just in 'okay' condition.

Plus if I do the bushes Im going to upgrade all the suspension while im going so I need to save up a bit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 13d

Just an update on this. Pedders told me all my bushes are fine and theres nothing major wrong but the shocks are pretty sh*t after 80,000kms. I was planning to do springs and shocks in a few weeks anyway. They reckon it could be some loose bolts or something so just went under the car and F*** me half the bolts in the rear end needed about half a turn or more to tighten them up properly. There was a few that need more than a full rotation. This did remove 'most' of the clunk but still a little bit there.

So next step is to springs and shocks (probably won't be for a month till I get a break from uni) then see if things are fixed from there

Definitely recommend getting under the car every now and then and tightening any bolts you can get too (they're pretty much all 18mm), you'd be surprised how loose things get

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 12y 2m 13d

hmm buds im currently driving around in my mates fg xr6t ute and I too hear a clunking noise in the rear end? but only down low (pretty much when u take off) now this is still under warranty but would like to know what the bloody hell it is..ive read what other people have experienced and taking it on board but like another guy said it could be a number of things..hmm got me f@#ed