Diy Intercooler Kits

mcfriz

• Member For: 13y 4m 26d

Hey all, I'm looking at intercooling the gs utility and after looking at all the kits that have been made, am pretty appalled at the prices being charged. Has anyone just made their own kits? And if so, what was required? Naturally a radiator and plumbing, water pump and possibly a new reservoir? Any help would be swell.

Thanks all :)

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 21d

yeh look bud the kits are quite involved hence the big price, iam the first to try and save a dollar and give stuff ago but so far on the market the kits that are avaliable are decent....................but not the best yet though I can see bigger and better things commong

so far the avaliable kits I would pay to have installed

experiance is the key atm and your going to need a re tune anyway to get the most out of the intercooler just try to talk a tuner into doing ya a cash deal and try to save a buck there

just sayn

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 1d

Have you done tune/ pulley/ injectors yet?

• Member For: 13y 4m 26d

I plan on having it installed by a professional, but was more interested in what's actually in the kits themselves, I will get it retuned and all, so far I haven't touched injectors or the pulley, just a full exhaust and tune. I don't plan on getting it tuned to a spastic degree, just a little more than it has now. It's more for the engine life also

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 21d

its all in the tune and zorst , injectors and pulley if your really hunting for the upper limits

if u do go pulley get the yellaterra one with quick release spindals so u can change em and change tune for bigger power super easy

id like to see a decent air to air kit couldnt be that hard mate give it a shot lets us know how u go lol

• Member For: 21y 1m 15d

Building your own kit wouldn't be too hard I don't think but that depends on what resources you have available to you. The most difficult part of manufacturing the kit I have would be the plenum spacer. But if you went without that and drilled the holes in the plenum for the cooler hoses then it would be much easier. The kit really just consists of hoses, clamps, cores and a pump.

If you want to attack this yourself then I'd suggest finding a kit you can measure up to manufacture your own.

Benny.

• Member For: 13y 11m 20d

I don't wanna sound like a *beep* but

Y is it people will buy a car such as a gt gtp gs but then wanna cut corners on modifications if u cant afford to pay for it don't do it. u spend the money on a nice car and wanna try do a chop job coz its cheaper

Unless as what has been said u have the knowledge skills and resources available to u then go ahead but if u don't just buy the professionally made kit and get it fitted as there is a lot more involved then just a cooler and fitting there's a video on YouTube showing the fitting stage looking involved

Edited by james3024
  • Like 1