What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 26d

had to get your guards rolled rip85?, realise that before or after u bought your rims haha

how much did that set you back?

It he rear had been rolled quickly realized they needed allot of work gaurd work was 1200 they have been cut welded and pulled 2.5 inches each side traction is amazing with the 275 35 nitto invos on a 10 inch wide rear

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 21d

Before

20131015_132438.jpg

After!

20131015_133001.jpg

20131015_132424.jpg

Non genuine ones, think they were about $25 delivered for the pair.

Marked the paint unfortunately while geting the old ones off, but almost impossible to tell so meh...looks a million times better!

Steve, Can the side indicators be removed from the front with the need to get at them from the rear. How did you do yours.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 23d

Steve, Can the side indicators be removed from the front with the need to get at them from the rear. How did you do yours.

Yeah I did it in the carpark without needing to open the wheel well. If you aren't interested in keeping the old ones I'd recommend separating the plastic cover from the shiny backing plate (one of mine was already cracked) with a flat blade or similar. Rip off the plastic and then you can carefully bend up the front end of the old unit enough to push the tab in and slip it out (or maybe just yank it out). That's how I marked the paint, was in a rush with levering up the shiny bit, tsk tsk.

Oh just make sure you don't drop the globe back inside while you swap covers :)

Edited by -SteveR-

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 23d

The paint on the tool you used to lever the lense out?

Hehehe. Actually didn't see that coming.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 25d

Retorqued the Exhaust manifold bolts

Replaced two missing Turbo mounting studs/nuts and retorqued the remaining two.

Retorqued the hot side piping clamps (all where loose and shows signs of leakage)

Cleaned boost solenoind and fitted clamps to boost solenoid hoses.....

and for the grand finale fixed the fault that was causing erratic gearshifts, run on when release the throttle, lag in setting the cruise control and doughy peformance in general.

I pulled the cross over off to clean the TB and found the TB Butterfly would stay open if I pushed it open to clean it....

post-7403-0-35300400-1382660927_thumb.jp

Im pretty sure thats not good right??

I then stripped the throttle body gear box expecting to find a sticky bearing or damaged gears. Instead I found once the motor was removed the gearbox and throttle plate moved quite freely.

Sooooo I stripped the can off the motor and found the one of the field magnets had become loose and was dragging ont the motors Armature. (See pic for rub marks.)

post-7403-0-49290800-1382661054_thumb.jp

With the can removed and the motor pinion engaged in the geartrain it all works very freely, put the can back on and it jams up. Luckily I had a spare TB (thanks Toads) so I threw that on and it's a different car to drive, throttle is more responsive, APP error Fault codes are gone and the harsh upshift into 4th after a WOT run in third is also gone.

Most good!

• Like 2