What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 16d

Not today but last night, I changed the torque converter lockup schedule on my na+t territory. There's a you beaut OSS tool in the PCMTec software, you chuck in your wheel size, gear ratios and diff ratio, of which the last two can be plucked from the tune. With that you can decide when you want the converter to lock up.

I went through and made gears 1 thru 4 stay unlocked until 4000rpm, I left 5th and 6th alone for cruise economy. Now the converter flashes up a little bit quicker, it comes on boost a bit quicker, gear changes are smoother and a kick down has it hauling ass immediately, although it kinda already was like that.

4000rpm is about 140kph in 4th, so a normal kickdown from 6th to 4th to overtake means it's on boost straight away and has a bit more power due to it being slightly higher in the rev range from the converter slip.

I am still very tempted to install my built trans with its 3200rpm stall speed, just gonna wait until I can be farked.

• Shocked 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I fitted an under the battery cold air intake today with a fresh K&N pod filter. Now I get all the turbo sucking noises and a baby flutter. Not sure if it goes much better yet, it seems to for about half a second until the intercooler turns thermonuclear 🫠

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Weather man says 30C and slightly cloudy which is perfect for working outside. Nek minute it's 36C and full sun which ain't the worst but it ain't the best.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep currently just over 35, full sun and I'm out here like a dickhead working in the sun all day. Meh it's not as bad as you'd think plus I'm making car gains so that's something.