What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 16d

Stock FG cams are installed, old tune flashed back in and test drive successful. The engine is very quiet now that it has new lifters and good condition cams. I left the roller rockers in there, not much point swapping stock ones in.

I pulled the built trans out the turbo territory too this morning but it's too hot to swap it over. That can next weekends adventure lol

• Member For: 5y 10m 12d

Today I had a measuring up session in engine bay to work out how im gonna fit my monster efr 9174, its a big girl!! I came to conclusion I will low mount it on a psr log manifold, cut off manifolds t3 flange and get a t4 divided flange welded on in a slightly more upright position, only about 10mm more upright to get clearance between bottom of turbine housing and engine mount heatsheild. I looked at a Artec investment cast 347 stainless manifold, very nice piece of kit, but its over 2k and 4inch dump would be a very tight squeeze, and have to go down real steep and the water pipes by firewall would probably need modifying. And heat would be a issue I think. I will have to bore 2 holes in the twin scroll housing just after turbine inlet and run 2 pipes into 1 and then into w gate. Id rather not drill into housing if I could help it but I would have to j pipe it and higher mount turbo and run gate off j pipe. 

• Member For: 5y 10m 12d

I wish some company would make a t4 divided log manifold but no one does, they go to the effort of making cast manifolds and dont even do a t4 divided. They only do t4 open hole. Theres only Rajab and psr that make cast logs, rajab does a t4 open and their one mounts the turbo 40mm forward of stock, so intake pipe would struggle to clear p steer res.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Me too. I had choc chip today, lemon and sugar will be on next weekend's menu :declare:

Back on topic, I went for a 50km drive today to test the car, fuel economy on cruise is exactly the same with or without cams. It used 20% more at wot with cams and was noticeably more angry at any point in the rpm range.

Now it picks up right off idle, whereas cams were slow off idle but had a kick around 4000rpm.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Another good stint today although it was too farken hot. I've got it running now, no leaks which is a friggin miracle.

Tomorrow I'm gonna swap the bonnet for a turbo bonnet so the top mount intercooler can get some air flow. I need to for the intercooler which is a 5 minute job, fit the intake pipe which is another 5 minutes, fit a 4 bar reg, also 5 minutes, swap the map sensor and flash a tune into it.

I'll have to spend some time with the wideband and knock ears to dial it in but that generally only takes me a few hours with a simple tune like this. Haha no boost control to worry about, just 12psi gate pressure.

For anyone wondering wtf I'm on about, I'm fitting turbo stuff to my na territory. The turbo is a billet wheel 3576, perfect for what I'm doing.

• Like 1