What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 17d

Yep it's gotta be done. Make sure you take note of how far in the bushes are pressed in. You can either mark them with a paint pen or use a ruler to get it right. The instructions should tell you how far in they gotta be pressed.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 24d

Thanks for that. I've just put it on ramps to measure the ride height of the suspension too as some of the arms need to have their bolts tightened at ride height which would otherwise be a bit of a guess on the uppers as they have to be done with the cradle out

• Gold Donating Members

Got a bush installation kit, so will use a sleeve from that, a block of wood and a mallet for the diff bushes.

Will use the threaded rod etc from the kit for the rear LCAs as I'm swapping those bushes (not just a complete arm swap like the others)

5c26ae0395dd46ec68e3f4cadc0d8efc.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

I'll probably tackle the rest tomorrow - just wanted a head start.

@Puffwagon do you normally remove the outrigger arms?

If I did that I could probably get my press kit in there and not need to muck around with drilling and sawing.

• Gold Donating Members

I forgot they were just nylon shells, so just cut them. I'm struggling to get the inner LCA bolt back in around the diff but if it came out it can go back in. Other than that it's ready for the cradle to go back in.

Center bush was a pain and didn't want to go in. Ended up removing the outrigger arms anyway to give me some room to wiggle the diff and getting some bearing plate and threaded rod setup going to get it in.

Edit: looks like a few people on here have just reversed the bolt on the rear LCA inner. Shouldn't affect the way the cam bolt operates and the funny washers exist on both the head and nut side. Getting an alignment this week so I guess I'll know straight away if it causes a problem!