What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 17d

It gets hot af in my neck of the woods. Even with a partially farked thermostat ie: only opened 5mm, my 100% stock car would only reach half way on the gauge, probably about 100C. Now that the thermostat is replaced it will be a bit better, we'll see after the next set of ball joints arrive.

Turbo car turned up to kill, you would do one run through the gears and the gauge would go from 1/4 to over half. A couple of runs and it would be at 3/4.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Nah 3/4 is fine, probably around 105C. The gauge pegs at about 110C and the car goes into limp mode at 120C or thereabouts. A bigger radiator wont keep it cooler, it'll just take longer to heat up. As for trying one, I haven't but it's on the list for the turbo car.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 24d

Good tip. Also makes it less socially unacceptable when the car pisses itself all over a car park.

I find my fans almost never turn on unless it's 35 degrees and heavy traffic. Neither of those happen often, especially concurrently, in Canberra.

Edit: really tempted on the Aepro fascia. Means you can throw in any old double DIN as the mood takes you, which to me.seema a better bet than the Kayhan

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Your fans should be on with the aircon. Mine even come on with the heater if the climate control is set to auto. Dunno what the go is with that.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 3m 16d
5 minutes ago, El Andrew said:

Good tip. Also makes it less socially unacceptable when the car pisses itself all over a car park.

I find my fans almost never turn on unless it's 35 degrees and heavy traffic. Neither of those happen often, especially concurrently, in Canberra.

Edit: really tempted on the Aepro fascia. Means you can throw in any old double DIN as the mood takes you, which to me.seema a better bet than the Kayhan

Yep, chucked in a high end Kenwood unit with Android auto, crystal clear reverse camera etc. Works perfectly with steering wheel controls. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I swapped my thermostat yesterday, spilt some coolant on the aircon compressor, the belt did a burnout on it until the coolant dried up. Weird to see the compressor hardly moving with the car idling.

• Haha 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Got the na territory back together yesterday. Now that the wheel bearings are quiet I can hear the diff whining. Probably should see if it's got oil in it.

I started doing some rust repair on my Landrover today. Nothing too hectic, I suppose I'll chuck some pics up tomorrow. Haha I get the tig fired up and the wind decides that it's time to sing the song of it's people :wedgie: