What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 6d

well, whatever worked :) I'm the same... got plenty of little niggles to fix on my car but can't be bothered haha

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 17d

Front hubs and wheel bearings arrived for the territory today. I probably should have ordered any other worn out sh*t to replace while I'm under there but meh. Haha I'll have a look today and see what else is stuffed.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Local place can't get ball joints in today, Repco reckon they don't stock them and SC can't get them today. What a farkup. Now I've gotta register another car so I can get the kids to school next week while I wait for eBay parts... And no I ain't putting the old ones back in temporarily.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 24d

If it's any consolation - a couple of turns on the puller and my balancer came apart.

Removed the radiator and tried to get a 3 jaw puller onto the remnants of the arms but no luck.

I might have to grind down my puller a bit so I can get onto the ridge at the back.

Also meant I had to pull the radiator which was harder than I expected. It looks average so I think I'll order a new one rather than doing the job twice.

Was a fair bit of oil when I removed the crank bolt and timing cover seals look ok so hopefully just the crank seal causing my leak.

Edit: haha should say the bolt wasn't on there when I tried to remove it! Need something for the three jaw to hit so removed the washer and put the bolt back 9cd9b38c8b12e6d551ce383c457113f2.jpg

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah nah that's no consolation lol. I registered my 93 Honda Integra, gave it a wash, topped it up with fuel so I'm ready to go. Aircon is ice cold, has music and economy is in the 7s per hundred.

All the other sh*t is ordered so will fix the territory next week :headbang4:

Worse case for your yours is to smash the rest of the balancer, pull the timing cover off and cut the balancer off. A long cut and a hit with a chisel should crack it in half. Try not to let it fall into the sump :)

• Like 1