G6E Mk1 Build

V8landcruiser100

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 30d

yea I have defiantly thought about getting an LSD. My traction problems at the moment I think are to do with tyres. When I purchases my car it had new tyres fitted through the dealership but they just happened to be the cheapest crappiest Chinese tyres you can get.

I will replace them first and if that's still no good then I will do the LSD and diff bushes.

Just a little pissed of that the most expensive car in the ford lineup(excluding FPV) doesn't come with one

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 22d

Nice work and thanks for the pics.

Re tyres, I put on a set of Goodyear F1 Assymetrical 2 and the difference in traction is amazing. I have now have more traction in the wet than I had on the original Dunlops in the dry. They were expensive but certainly worth it.

My car runs stock and I have trouble breaking traction in the dry and it takes a heavy boot to break it in the wet where before with the dunlops it was very easy to break traction in the wet.

• Member For: 12y 6m 24d

Nice work so far mate ^_^

I am also running the same intake as you. Im interested to know if you had any clearance issues running the plazmaman piping? I have the MKII Turbo and the bay is a little different.

• Donating Members

Harryh - Thanks I'm hoping new tyres helps out

Fletty - I have Plazmaman stage 2 intercooler piping which I got when I purchased the turbo side intake and battery relocation. the Hot side fit just fine but I spent and hour and a half trying to get it to fit and clear the air box on the cold side. In the end I gave up and used the stock piping and will replace it when it fails. I think it fits with the Plazmaman stage 1 kit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Just a little update I was going to leave the exhaust stock and just use a hi flow cat but I saw in another thread that x force have now a cat back twin 2.5 inch system so I could retain my venom hi flow cat. I got it through best mufflers online in mild steal for $595 which I thought was great considering some of the stupidly expensive quotes I have got for exhausts in the past.

From what I have heard from some people I was expecting the exhaust to be of average build quality especially factoring in the price I paid but when it arrived and unpack it I have to say it was very well made and I will be buying them again.

20120704_164030.jpg

20120704_164037.jpg

20120704_164044.jpg

20120704_164057.jpg

20120704_164110.jpg

I installed the exhaust then the car was driven down to KPM Adelaide for 1000cc injectors and a tune.

I got the car back and HOLY CR@P this thing is fast its almost comical how quick it is. The outcome of the tune was 311.5 KW's at the wheels along with just over 750NM of torque

20120709_175058.jpg

The difference after the tune is amazing its like a totally different car and the best thing is it feels faster then my Yamaha TRX850.

One thing I would like to know is how do people go with 350 to 400kw's at the wheels handle the power is it even usable?

• Like 1

• Member For: 13y 10m 6d

Great result.

Mine is stock and the tyres are shagged(Ive got new Nittos sitting waiting to go on) and I overtook the other day on wet road and it broke traction at 100kph. It stepped right out. Friggin scary. So 300kw plus must take a careful foot in these cars. Its the sort of car you dont lend to anyone! Especially in the wet.