Issues With 2008 Fg Xr6T Stage 2 Tune

niic

• Member For: 14y 6m 16d

Gday

I had my car tuned approximatley 6 months ago and ever since I've had issues with the tune.

2008 FG XR6T Auto

Mods were:

PW Stage 2 Intercooler

Bosch 42Lb injectors

Actuator

'X2' Flash tuner

XR8 Intake scoop

High-flow cat

All of these parts had previously been fitted to the car for a previous tune (with the exception of the high flow cat), and were taken off the car before I bought it. All parts were re-fitted and a new tune was done. Stock everything else, ended up at 297rwkw.

Just prior, I fitted 6pot brembo fronts, left the rear stock.

Now, the issues I face:

1. When I start the car up, it runs fine. However if I put it into either drive or reverse without leaving it idling for atleast 30 seconds, the car starts to shudder/rock similar to when a car drops a cylinder or a coil dies. Revving the engine ceases the shuddering and at this point I usually drive off and dont experience it again.

2. Also, when going from periods of long high-way driving to slowing down and braking to a halt, often the revvs drop completeley and the car stalls (its an auto).

3. This stalling when halting also occurs during normal driving, and I have noticed an increase frequency latley. Driving in performance mode decreases the frequency with which this occurs, however when coming to a halt, the revvs will often shift up and down for a few seconds as if trying to find where it should be idling at.

4. Finally, when flooring the car, how it performs doesnt seem right (disclamer: I havent owned a turbo vehicle before so Im not 100% what is should run like). If I floor it, as it gets roughly 2/3 through its rev range, it seems to pulse. I can hear the turbo/injectors/whatever going pssst pssst pssst pssst as if hesitating. I imagine it should be a long smooth increase in pull and boost before the car changes gears.

So yeah, that's about it. Any ideas as to what could be the problem please send it my way, I want to gather some corporate knowledge before I take it back to the people who tuned it.

One other point, I was initially unsure of what the injectors were, however were told they were 60lb injectors. So that's what I told the guys who tuned it. Would there be issues here? The blokes tuning it thinking that they had 60lb injectors to use but instead had 42lb injectors?

Cheers!

• Member For: 18y 4m 24d

No 1 is normal for early FG's but can be tuned out, but would be worse with incorrect tune or mechanical issues.

The rest sound like possible tuning issues, but do not rule out possible mechanical issues.

Your flash 2 may not work with a retune now if ZF data is available in your tune strategy.

Edited by ratter
  • Like 1

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 26d

firstly if your tuner can't tell the difference between 60lb dekka and bosch 968's then it's new tuner time.

edit - you would know if they didn't though, the car wouldn't be running as good as it is

What BOV and valve springs do you have?

How old are your coils and spark plugs?

Edited by sexual harrassment panda
  • Like 1

No 2 is normal for early FG's but can be tuned out, but would be worse with incorrect tune or mechanical issues.

The rest sound like possible tuning issues, but do not rule out possible mechanical issues.

Your flash 2 may not work with a retune now if ZF data is available in your tune strategy.

Sorry im not 100% up with the lingo can you please elaborate/re-explain what you mean by 'retune now if ZF data is available in your tune strategy'

Edited by niic

firstly if your tuner can't tell the difference between 60lb dekka and bosch 968's then it's new tuner time.

edit - you would know if they didn't though, the car wouldn't be running as good as it is

What BOV and valve springs do you have?

How old are your coils and spark plugs?

BOV and valve springs are stock. Coils and spark plugs are original (I assume), car has done 73000km

• Member For: 18y 4m 24d

Sorry it should have been No 1 meaning your first question.

Xcal 2 will not work with with any ZF equipped car that has the ZF file data now written into that cars particular strategy, meaning if your tuners software has been updated and the startegy number of your tune now has ZF data in it, then it will no longer work with the Xcal 2