Samsung Galaxy S Iii

smicky

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 3d

Nah just saying it would be the worst trade because of all the fine dust when sanding.

I'm a chippie and still have to put up with saw dust in the pockets but even this phone gets less stuff into it. With the iPhone I was constantly getting a needle and cleaning out the 3.5mm jack and that damn big charging connection hole lol

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 17d

Ye otter box is the way to go... threw my phone full pelt 10m across the room and hit a wall full lob big smash almost through gip rock but phone was fine lol...

The phone isn't that big coz its thin as said before... and butter screen is awesome for use....however if I put another otter box on it I think it will be massive coz they're huge

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 21d

Yep, dust sucks, but I guess you see a fair bit of compressed concrete sheet dust too? Makes it hard to find a ph tough enough.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Yeh only thing I didn't like about his otter box was how damn big it made the phone lol fck me they're massive

Wtf is butter screen? Or u mean bigger?

Nah not so much concrete dust as we only do framing but prob not fine enough sawdust to upset the phone n sh*t.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 21d

I haven't personally used this phone so can't really comment. I have been an iPhone user since the 3G first came out although every time my contract comes up for renewal I try something different. First the HTC Desire when it first came out with one of the first android operating systems and then recently the HTC Velocity with Ice Cream Sandwich. Both lasted about a month before I got another iPhone. Is it just me or do these android phones suck the battery power bad. Seems to me to get the best out of an android phone you need to crack it and have apps for saving power, turning features on and off. The iPhone just works out of the box with nothing else. I leave BT on permanently, wifi on permanently, play games, browse the internet, FB and the battery will get a day minimum. Have I been lucky? Never done that battery routine at the start either. Plug into computer, download contacts, music, etc and start playing then charge my battery every night when I go to bed. My 3G battery is still going strong after 4 years.

Ben

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

I'm a chippie so not on all day but my iPhone I'd charge overnight, 1hr drive to pt cook for work forum and fb, then whenever I'm on the can at work lol, 1hr all up for smoko n lunch n then 1hr drive home. Sometimes I'd be lucky to not be under 20% on the drive home..sometimes it died lol. Wifi on all the time for home. No BT

This nexus is alright, on the same usage prob goes until 7/8pm but mind you all updates overseas aren't released here. Fukkin fck. Battery life would be better among other stuff. 4.0.1 atm and they're up to 4.0.3.......

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 13d

Oh 5#!7... I forgot to check the battery when I plugged it in this morning.. lol

oh well, whatever it was - it did last well last night.. :) was a full charge before I headed out so handled a night out with Smicky! lmao

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

my iphone is the only phone in 10 years to survive the 24 month contract period.. we'll see how the htc goes...

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 13d

Guys... FORGET THE 24 MT CONTRACTS!!!

If you can, push to get a 12 month... 24mt is simply tooo long for any product like a phone (if you use it as a tool or trade)..

Either buy outright, and then make sure you have something like personal effects insurance that will cover it (part of home & asset insurance). Or if on a plan, pay the extra $10/month or whatever to reduce the time to a 12 months plan...

Phone that are USED HARD - simple dont and wont last more than about 14-18 months before u start to throw the bastard!!! lol

Most telco's have a 'retention' team now... call them up, get some facts before hand from other carriers, and push for a better offer.. if they dont extend it - pi55 off and go else where anyways... :)

• Like 1