Samsung Galaxy S Iii

smicky

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 19d

They didnt, this their foray into the market.

Comparison vid...

Samsung Galaxy S3 (International version)

• Quad-core 1.4GHz Exynos processor, Mali-400MP GPU
  • 4.8-inch Super AMOLED with 1280 x 720 resolution (306 ppi)
  • 1GB RAM, 16/32/64GB internal storage, microSD slot (up to 64GB)
  • 8MP rear camera, 1.9MP front camera
  • 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm, 133g
  • 2,100mAh battery

Asus Padfone

• Dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, Adreno 225 GPU
  • 4.3-inch Super AMOLED with 450 x 960 resolution (256 ppi)
  • 1GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, microSD slot (up to 32GB)
  • 8MP rear camera, VGA front camera
  • 128 x 65.4 x 9.2mm, 129g
  • 1,520mAh
  • Optional PadFone Docking Station with 10.1-inch display

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 6d

Yeh my phones pretty big lol. Just seen a nexus v s3 v s2 side by side pic on gsmarena and looks like s3 is a tad longer.

Asus phone looks alright..being Asus the insides should be good! Rough release date dags??

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 19d

Proper Oz release is July/August but you can get them now via http://www.mobicity....and-tablet.html minus the keyboard dock.

Edit: This post brought to you by an Asus Prime...anyone want to buy a cheap one...

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Interesting....1 phone per tax year, that seems to work out alright for the next one! :yes:

Nah you can keep that dags..I've 95% made my mind up for my next phone! Haha

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 16d

* We are doing the SGS3's outright for around $770 +/- aussie stock, straight from the distys... Next shipment is due in around 2 weeks, and expect a price drop...

* Asus v SGS3 - dont rely on just specs like Quad Core 1.4 v 1.5 they are not a direct 1:1 - its like looking back on the days of My AMD beats your Intel cos the number is higher... Sorry... BULLsh*t! Show me 3-5 REAL performance tests in the real world and they will show what product is best... Remember it depends on the requirements, and to be honest, I'm tempted to head back to my SG2... Specs on Tech products are just the same as specs on our cars guys... throw the beast down the 1/4 mile! :)

* 16GB, 32GB, 64GB - just get a 64GB SD Card and ull be fine! Are u really going to be transferring that much crap to the handset, when you can in effect hotswap, and use the card in and out of a PC... save the money and just get a 16GB... The 64GB hasn't been confirmed for the Aust Market yet (if at all)... 32Gb is still a few weeks away also...

* 4G - ha ha ha ha FORGET IT.... its unlikely to be here (if at all) for 6 months from what im hearing at this stage (telstra excluded, but its only in a few pockets anyways)... If your on Optus, there is no 4G network (except that little crap network they bought from 7 holdings a few months back, only in Newcastle)... Telstra are still useless at best - and Voda... no comment... By the time 4G is sorted in Oz, or LTE (I suspect Optus may just go straight to this and skip the standard 4G Network)... a new handset will be out - perhaps the SGS4... :) (If your like me and get a new phone every 6-12 months, just grab whatever u want NOW)...

* Custom roms - try Lightning Rom, or CygenRoms... They seem to be reasonable, however some do have glitches, and remember its up to u, I hold no responsibility for a dead/bricked handset at the end of it, if you screw it up!

:thumbsup:

* Asus = Foxconn phone.. same as half the rest of the market... lol - Samsung = Samsung... Go HTC is you dont like the Samsung... maybe even Motorola, worth a look... imo... Asus for notebooks and other IT products (sell more than any other NB... but handsets... hhhhmmm next!)

Edited by smicky

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Lol and that's why I'm a bit reluctant..never done it before. Any decent guide you followed on the net you know of?

Also, what's your pick then with the s3 v Asus?

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 12y 5m 13d

From where? Was it the blue one?

yeah buds its the brushed grey/blue ones 16gb and I got it from my mates phone shop here in melb..