Samsung Galaxy S Iii

smicky

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 16d

Just in case anyone is considering the Galaxy S 3, and hasn't been able to see a Pebble Blue demo unit - here is some pics...

Picked up one earlier in the week - from what I understand there is only a limited number in the current (first) shipment...

DSCF0719_PREVIEW.gif

More pics here: http://mbinfotech.com.au/mb123/open/SGS3_BLU/

:)

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 16d

Hey, where did you pick it up from? What it bought on a plan? If so, who is the carrier? How much?

Mate, as much as I hate to say it, im with optus.

Ive had the Iphooed 3s, Galaxy S, GS2, a Galaxy Fit, and now this SGS3 all in the past couple of years.

Most with custom rom's now..

Half the time I buy them outright from the Sammy Disty (I own a IT/Telco biz), but this one was put on a 12/mt plan with Optus.

Their retention team had to give a monthly credit on the account for the next 12 months so in the end, basically getting the handset for next to nothing as if it was on the 24mt plan for $0.

I've been having loads of network issues (more so than normal) recently and told them all the handsets on the account were going to be transferred to another carrier.

So yeah, Optus, grabbed it from their George St store (they typically get all the first 'retail' stock in Oz as its their flagship #1 store).

So far so good!

(Even with all the extra Optus BS apps).

I think they only had a handful on Wednesday, next shipment is 1-2 weeks away. The online/phone sales guys have a few boxes im told. :)

The white version is everywhere, plenty of stock. There was a reported battery problem with the first shipment of the Blues, so was delayed and back ordered in most countries.

I will say the feel and build of the SG2 does feel... just a little more complete, a little tougher/solid, and I like the old corners. But the new SGS3 when in use, simple performs like a charm.

Hope this helps!

:thumbsup:

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

Since it looks you would know lol, what is a good rom for the Samsung galaxy nexus?

Had a few problems with mine just turning off and not wanting to start, been back twice and they said they updated the software..lol no they didn't..

Read on the net there's 2 updates since the original ICS 4.0.1 and for some reason they're not updating over here. One of the first updates they included was better battery life and a few other things I've experienced.

No real dramas now..if ever it does freeze or turn off and not want to turn on, take the battery out and wipe the terminals and all good :/