Sound Drops Out When Changing Gears

evil_jester

• Member For: 13y 25d

Hey ppl have issue ford cant seem to find . Sound drops out right side speakers and now left . Only on the ipod . Cd works fine . I have changed the cable to the ipod and its not that I told them to replace the cable going from the center console to the unit they say theres nothing wrong with it also getting engine noise . Its a fg 2011 turbo . Has anyone had a similar issue

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 12y 3m 28d

I have the same problem in my 2010 fpv f6 fg too. but only sometimes I notice it happen when changing gears I normaly just get the engine noise. let me know if you work it out & ill do same thing too if I have. btw I went to ford and they changed my ipod cable and module, and then my whole icc and still dose it here and there. they said im first person who heard of this happen and left me with I dont know what to do. I think its doggy earth some where or connection but ill see when I end up doing my system.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 12d

I had this problem, turns out the audio cable was running past the shifter and being crushed and had a bad case of engine noise or alternator noise, Take the surround off from the shifter and moved the cable and problem solved ! Removing the surround it easy, lift and pull forward and then peel the boot up to the top of the shifter, you should then see all the cabling and AUX in cable, make sure none are fowling the shifter and you should be good to go. Also check the AUX cable in, I had to jig that around a bit to get mine working ok.

• 2 weeks later...