Pointless Doing Cai If Cat Not Removed?

TimB

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 10d

Ok reading through the OP's responses it sounds like hes pretty set on not get a custom tune although id recommend it.

So given that, I will tell you my opinion based on my experience.

If you going for small increases in power (which without a custom tune that will be all your limited to) then dont waste your money on aftermarket airboxes, the standard tune and set up just will not utilise it.

Best bet will be to put in a K&N panel filter and also get the F6 second intake and install that. It will look stock and will provide more than enough airflow than your engine will ever use.

My car was custom tuned with bigger injectors and a K&N panel filter and it made 281rwkw without the F6 intake

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m

He already has the f6 intake../\/\/\/\

k&n panel filters are around the $100 mark

dont forget to tighten all the exhaust manifold and turbo to manifold bolts every service as they always come loose.. sort of

Seriously wouldnt spend any of my hard earned cash, on any of that hype with the air boxes.

If you are chasing abit more power do as everyone else is saying and get a custom tune... everyone is saying the same thing for a reason.

Might be abit more of an outlay but you will enjoy smokin a stock VE GTS whenever ya feel like it from having just a tune alone. then the snow ball effect haha.

• Member For: 12y 4m 8d

F**k it, im going to get it tuned, ha ha. You guys have convinced me, the main reason I didnt want to get it tuned as I dont want to mess with the boost as I want my car to last and thought the resale value would be better if it hadn't been boosted, but from what I've read on here you can have it returned to stock anyway.

Where can you buy the F6 snorkels from?

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 25d

Good boy :spoton:

Always good when people actually listen to the advice they have asked for.

You wont be sorry.

Only problem is, oh I can just do the cat at same time for another 20rwkw, oh injectors will get me 300rwkw etc. lol

Edited by STAINOnegger
  • Like 1

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 25d

give Mick or Bel a call at Pitlane mate :spoton:

Excellent choice... Great reputation and well earned.

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

Xcal3 tuning unit = 699 without generic tunes, 799 with. Always go for the 699 if it's an option as the generics are useless.

Then it's just down to whatever the tuner charges for the custom tune. Can vary from 400-1000 or so from what I've seen for the tune alone.

As mentioned though, a tune costs the same regardless of what else is being done to the car. Hence the reason for getting as much done as possible that requires tuning at the same time.

No point in getting say, dump, cat and tune done one week, then think "hmm I want a bigger intercooler because it looks cooler and also a new exhaust system" the next week, then need to pay another $xxx for a re-tune. Best bet is to know exactly what you want (or what you think you want) and get it all done in the 1 hit. May cost you a bit more, but will save you in the long run.

• Like 1