Pointless Doing Cai If Cat Not Removed?

TimB

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 10d

Geez for $500 you could just about get a Blue power box, id go for that if I was going to fork out $500.

You wont need a retune with it.

Before you do spend any money thought work out just how much of an increase you are expecting in power. If you after something like 30rwkw (pretty noticable), I would be saving some money and getting the car custom tuned with a K&N panel filter.

This is what I did in the beginning and my car went from about 200rwkw to 260rwkw

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 27d

$500 is too muchy for an airbox innit, do a search and you'll find heaps of options that will perform just as well for far less $$$

if you remove the cat you will need a tune, that will cost $$$ but give you lots of powaaahhh

• Member For: 12y 4m 8d

So you can get just get them tuned and that will produce much more power? I thought you needed a flash tuner for that. Maybe a better and cheaper option than the growler is to just fit an F6 snorkel, looks like it isnt that difficult to do. Is it difficult to change the panel filter to a pod filter?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 10d

Yeah you need a flash box to do a custom tune if you use the SCT flash tuner. Usually work shops will have a price to supply the box and do a custom tune

$500 is too muchy for an airbox innit, do a search and you'll find heaps of options that will perform just as well for far less $$$

if you remove the cat you will need a tune, that will cost $$$ but give you lots of powaaahhh

Yeah $500 is alot for an airbox, especially for such minimal gains. I got my Blue power box for $450 second hand and that's high, but retail is $650. Dont know what they were smoking when they came up with $650 for a retail price

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 27d

turbo side intake. jus sayin

but dillz had awesome results with the growler

Yeah here's my growler, ran 9's with it..

IMG_0620.jpg

I have no idea what the OP is. Basically, I dont want to spend lots of money, but found I could do the CAI with a growler for around $500, seems like a cheap and easy mod to me, my concerns were that if I didn't replace the cat converter with a hi-flow cat it would be pointless doing the growler.

OP means 'Opening Party' (I think) which is the guy that started the thread. If your looking a cheap mods the growler is not one of them.

Edited by Dillz

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 24d

Thought OP ment 'original post' or 'opening post'

Edited by freeze_dk
  • Like 1

• Member For: 12y 4m 8d

Oh, I see. Nah, I dont plan on having it tuned, im not trying to get huge power gains out of it, just thought if I got a growler it would give it a little more power and better throttle response, and would also make a nice induction noise. I want to leave it pretty standard, dont want to mess with the boost or anything like that, its pretty quick as it is.