Fpv Trouble?

JGP

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1d

Not to mention the general feeling you get from the dealership when you go to buy one. FPV should sell direct.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Not really sure how you can call an M3 overrated ??? Surely a car that has stood where it has over three decades deserves some credit.

The merc has more grunt and would be the keys I grabbed. But it's still not as quick as the beemer nor can it come close in the handling stakes.

Thinking Pazz has nailed it though. I would not buy a new Ford again. The service after they have your cash is pathetic.

And for a car to run through two new makes and a make over on each one and still have the same cheap, noisey andd annoying problems tells me that they think they can give is what they want and not what we deserve. So go get farked Ford

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 10d

You can see why many go ricer or euro. So much performance gear available being global cars also.

With FPV on the ropes and the I6 on life support, the soon to be released S/C VF Late model camira will be the final nail in the 'performance' Falcons coffin IMO. The pathetic 4cyl version might last for a while for taxi sales, but that's it.

Edited by Bomber
  • Like 1

Guest XR09
  • Guests

BTH I really don't think Ford give a dam.

More money in the focus, fiesta and mondeo range. Cars are pretty well proof tested in east germany or where eva their made these days ???

Will save Ford Aus on R & D rotflmfao

So wll the Do Do (FPV) become a great investment ???

Poor sales make it limited lol.

Which one though ? And if it dies I guess.

The T is the king. The V8 the very limited run. The Mustang has it's own V8!!

In thirty years from now. They will still say the V8 is great. but if you wanted a drivers car....

Edited by XR09

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m

Potential testbed for possible RHD Mustang?

Unless Mustang come in at under $80000 there is no hope in hell it will sell here. They need to make the FPV stand out, you can tell the difference between the Late model camira and the HSV, you can barely tell the difference between a Falcon and FPV. Like Expensive Daewoo taking a chance with the Monaro, Ford/FPV have to do the same.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 27d

Not sure I can say too much, and I'm well known for being way too cynical for someone my age in the organization, and some good friends of mine from FPV are out as part of all this BUT we're alright, there are positive products out and coming out. Ford is not as f*cked as the media/you guys/we make out (lol)

FPV do have something coming this year (I haven't seen it, just have slightly better rumors than you guys lol). Even if FPV stop and ford retakes all production, which it almost does now anyway, there is great benefit to the customer.

The V8 was expected to go on for at least the lifetime of the falcon (4 + years) making it at least 6 years of service. Gotta make that 40 mill somewhere!

There is good stuff around re falcon: I gave my brother a company car last night-FG mk ii, xr6 (p plates), luxury pack, sat nav, 19s, kinetic. Made me want to dump my f6 (not really). Great car. The 4 cylinder is fantastic, the gas is brilliant. The territory is selling at record volumes. Almost all overseas models (focus, fiesta, ranger, mondeo) are fresh and selling well when supply allows.

The problems are down to reputation and perception. Brand image is sh*t, this needs to be improved dramatically. Dealers need to be brought into the 21st century, as with service (I'm due my 15000 km service and don't want to take it anywhere lol).

The other thing to consider is that Australia is a small fry market with extreme levels of competition. We have a 1 million unit per annum market, only a fraction of those overseas. So there's a shrinking piece of a small pie and more competition for it. Combined with the brand image it's easy to see why ford is where its at locally.

There is great stuff out the for ford, yes the local operation feels like its winding down, but there's life in it yet. Globally the brand is flying, and the sooner more of the initiatives from overseas (both current and future) arrive here to bolster the local stuff, the better.

In summary: go ford!

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 19d

Thanks for the input Bunna. The constant bagging is part and parcel of a brand specific forum, go to any forum and you'll get similar.

XR09 - might want to research E46 floor pan / subframe crack before you add all that power.....oh and search Vanos repair too. Purchase price is only a small part of the story....

also have to have a chuckle about F6s being sh*t on track........FG F6 1.09.9 stock auto at wakefield...on stock dunlop tyres. compare stock STI and Evo X on their stock tyres (which are far lower treadwear rating than the dodgy dunlops) and you will see the F6 is a long way from being embarassed! then consider that the F6 is a whole size larger, and on worse tyres.....there is very little in it, which is commendable given the F6 is a grand tourer, and not a rally special.

Edited by Erko

Guest XR09
  • Guests

True, but the crack was recalled in 03 and has not reappeared. same for the vanos. And Relay. That's the big diff I guess. Those that improve or those that leave it.

And yup my XR can handle quite well. And feels fifteen years old at three years old. The creaks and rattles I mean. The exhaust hitting so forth.

It's all relative $$$ wise guess. If you have the cash to play with the bemmas so forth then you would wouldn't you ???