Fpv Trouble?

JGP

• Member For: 16y 7m 13d

When all of senior management gets sacked it must mean a) some forecast was badly missed b) the bean counters are back in control

and the difference between fpv and ford will be even more minimal as costs are slashed.

I just hope they don't put some accountant in charge who believes the way forward is cost cutting vs listening to enthusiasts and delivering a product they want. At least rod barrett actually raced the products fpv sold and delivered the f6 310 and the boss 335. 2 great fpv products which put them at the top of the game in 2008 and 2010.

I was hoping to upgrade when the hoey returned...but this announcement doesn't instill any confidence that this will ever happen. Bring on the Shelby gt500 if that's the case...

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Times are tough. I have had two newsagents, a bikini shop, a restaurant and a realestate go under this year. Actually the last two months. That's just two suburbs on the sunshine coast. How can a newsagents go bust ?

I saw a lot more Fg's on the street by this time when they were released. Think I have seem two FGMKII's. No MkII FPV...are they out yet ???

mmm GS,GT AND GT-P'S @ 1.9% finance to clear stock has a nice ring to it

Was just thinking..How would I know if I have seen a MKII FPV ???

Edited by XR09

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 11m

maybe its just Western Australians being COB's but every second car I see here is a Maloo or a Clubsport/GTS.... think its just a lack of interest in FPV's compared to other cars u can get for a similar price. I mean FPV has nothing (power yes but) on any BMW/Audi/Merc for the same price

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 6d

The comparing of FPV especially against foreign brands can be a futile exercise.Sure you have the BMW M3 the (overrated) C63 AMG the Audi RS/S 5 etc,these cars can certainly out handle any FPV

on the track and ANY HSV for that matter.

Problem is that their price is more than double that of a FPV GT335 even the non -hi performance BMW 328i( $66,900) has a price that is more than the FG GS 315 and equal to the FG F6 .The 328i series has a 2.0L turbo (180kw and 350 nm) .Mercedes have just released an entry level E class with a $80,000 price tag.I'm sure it's a very nice car but with a 1.8L turbo!!!Then Ford receives criticism because it released a 2.0L turbo!.People may want to wait say 10 years or so before a M3,AMG or RS/S model devalues to a more "reasonable" level if you can wait that long

...good!.Then one modifies them and if something goes wrong,it costs the proverbial arm and leg for the parts.

I know,we would all like the FPVs to have the power and torque matched with BMW M3 type handling...unfortunately it doesn't seem it will happen.

The MOTOR mag had a story about this FPV change.The article mentioned that there will be a flagship FPV model and it will involve the 5.0L SC engine...the GTHO maybe??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 24d

I think one issue with most of the comparisons to STi,EVO etc I have seen on this forum is they disregard the fact that SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF THEM! !!!!!!!!! who cares how much better take off, fuel economy,gauges,ufo lights they have

I know mercs were mentioned in this thread, but surely someone will put in a point about the ricer specs, same goes for audi-metro muncher cars

merc c63,e63 and beema m3,m5 are the only exceptions

Edited by JGP

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 10d

Bunna, given you have the inside word, do you know how long Prodrive had projected the S/C engine would be around? It just seems hard to believe they've gone to this trouble for potentially a two - three year run.