Center Muffler

JBFG

• Member For: 13y 6m 30d

hey guys,

just another center muffler thread. just want to know what people with utes have done with theirs eg removed it and what not..im looking for a better note...and trying to save money at the same time? I have seen alot of threads about sedans but no to many on utes.

Any advice would be awsome.

cheers.

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 27d

I removed mine, but its personal taste wether you like the sound or not. I took the punt and removed it and replaced with straight pipes. mine is not loud at all. but im used to noise anyways so half the time I dont even notice it.

my advice is to listen to someone who has done the mod. as far as I know, my ute exhaust is quieter with the muffler removed compared to the sedan noise level with muffler removed.

reading about getting it done doesnt really help, you need to meet up with some guys who have done it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 1d

I got mine done on saturday and I love it! just wanted it to sound a little louder and I couldn't be happier! Much cheaper than doing a decent cat back

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 27d

I would post a vid but not sure how to, and only have a crappy phone to record from. so its prob not the best way to give you an indication.

but yes they will remove the muffler, and replace with a Y section, as the muffler is single in, twin exit.

• Member For: 14y 2m 6d

I have this done on my XR6T sedan. Worse thing about it is when it's cold, it sounds like a friggin boat. Also be prepared for a lot of crackling and burbling when you take your foot of the accelerator.