Calder Drags?

bloan

• Member For: 21y 6m 18d

Dear APS,

I didn't like the tone of your post dated 23 Dec to Dynosteve. It seemed like you were having a bit of a dig rather than asking a genuine question. Fancy saying something like "that's slower than stock". There is NO conflict with that ET/time that he quoted. It is completely possible.

Now if you really want to be of any help to this forum, just tell us what you intend to do to beef up the BTR turbo auto. Getting 700rwhp out of the engine is the easy bit. Getting the auto to hold it is the hard part.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 21y 3m 19d
does anyone here know how to convert video camera footage to computer format, the camera is a handycam hi8xr. 60foot was 2.4. The only reason we got a decent mph was due to running a zex nitrous kit(75hp)which is normally double in a turbo application and hence the reason we haven't raced for a while, the car hasn't really been the same since. My plans were to get to the drag combat in sydney early next year for some runs and would love it if Peter would like a couple of match runs(and hopefully we can show the jap cars what their missing out on) Peter email me at your leisure.

Dynosteve,

If you want to convert your video camera footage to PC format you'll need a video capture card. I'm not sure if you video camera is digital or analogue but either way you'll need a video capture card. The price of these range anything from $100 - $400 ++. I use a pinnacle capture card that cost around $150 which is used for analogue cameras and the video quality when captured is quite good and also comes with a remote control.

I hope this helps.

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 22d
There is NO conflict with that ET/time that he quoted. It is completely possible.

14.3 seconds @ 131 mph

now that statement can only attract comment from those familiar with 1/4 mile track results ...

as for being slower than stock ... I believe that comment to be correct

Steve, that must have been a hell of a mid track stuff-up ... mate ... 131mph is f'n fast ... well done :banghead:

• Member For: 21y 3m 19d
the one we use at the track isn't digital, is there a way of converting it though?

Dynosteve,

What you need to do is install a video capture card to your PC like the Pinnacle card I mentioned, you can purchase it from Harvey Norman and look for the pinnacle brand with a cost aroud $150. The cable you use to connect your handy cam to your VHS well you use this to connect your handycam to the video capture card and line in port of your soundcard on your pc. Once you've done that you can either use the moviemaker program that comes with XP or software provided with the capture card to capture the footage from the handycam. It sounds a bit complicated but it's quite easy to do once the capture card is installed etc.

I hope this helps.

• Dyno Tuner
  • Member For: 21y 5m 11d

Thanks very much, I'll go down to harvey normans when they open again after the break, have a vid to post to save confusion. The half track problems we had really started at the startline, we thought the wheels spun which they did but the tranny wasn't paying ball either. As I'd planned on running the gas kit later that night , and already had the bottle opened I thought what the hell I've already stuffed up the run so I armed the kit and used it, People at the track will also tell you about the smoke trail from under the car after the finish line, which is why I was trying to stay out of debates over racing them at the track at the moment as we believed we'd hurt the engine, The car still runs ok but isn't the same as before the run, and with being busy trying to finish the torana for the summernats I haven't had time to have a good look at it. I personally would love to be up running the numbers with simon from nizpro and peter, but this will have to wait until after the summernats(hopefully be ready to run at dragcombat in sydney against these guys, fingers crossed and if I've hurt something already in the motor it may be time to be buying some of Nizpros conrods and other parts he's developed for the internals. And yes it was slower than stock as we ran 14.1 @99mph std and 12.6 @ 114 on our 360kw kit.

• Member For: 21y 7m 11d

Gooday guys, I did not intend any tone in my post, I am simply asking for validation of the 131 mph pass. If this is a fact not fiction then it is resonable to ask for verification. Other wise most will treat this comment as speculation as it should be. Most if not all people would be more than happy to post a time slip to verify the facts. Its easy to run an 11 second pass or 130 mph pass if you say it quickly.

Been looking out for xr6t in Rome, seen nothing to date. Probably would not fit down many of the small streets with out exchanging paint work with many FIATs and Alfas.

happy new year to all xr6t owners

Peter

APS

• Premium Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 28d
  • Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen!
Sorry pete I don't live in the fantasy land

:blink::blink:

Ditto to what Bloan said!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: