Precision Motorsport Conrods

bionicxr6t05

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 22d

Just wanting to see if anyone has had any experience with these

http://www.precisionintl.com/online/Part.aspx?CID=58224479

Can get a set at wholesale price through a mate has anyone used them?? Seem cheap for a decent set of rods, rated to 700hp from what it says on the website. Thinkin of chuckin these and a set of head studs and oil pump gears for reliability and more power down the track maybe 450rwkw+??

• Member For: 13y 9m 1d

Not sure about those but my spool rods are going great. Similar list price and rated to about 1200hp I think. All weighed and matched. Rods will only be a small part of your build cost percentage wise.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 6d

450rwkw+ = 680+ eng stretching the friendship of a 700hp rod - you get what u pay for when it comes to engine bits - there are a lot of poorly finished cheap rods which you spend more $ fixing than buying a good set - just my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 23d

I know a couple of guys who have used Precision Motorsport rods, they both were happy with the rods no issues at all and they are a H beam rod. I have bought parts from these guys before, I,ve been told they are wholesalers and buy in bulk that's why they can sell cheap.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 26d

Yeh f1 I know what you mean... But a h beam rod like that I wonder if that power rating is a bit conservative...

I agree with F1PERFORMANCE, conservative or not, if it goes 'bang' and you have exceeded power rating, you will be the one responsible.

It would maks a lot of sense to go for something with a higher rating, as it would not take a lot to break or bend something which is on the limit.