Fg F6 - Rear End Creaks And Noises - Help Please

Jake F6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 16d

Sounds like a plan. Yeah, I also want to sort this once and for all.

I've done a bit of research, and have decided to take it to Centerline Suspension in Thomastown, despite it being on the opposite side of town.

Hopefully they can strengthen the current cradle, fix all squeaks, and also suggest improvements to address axel tramp - P.S. a guy on the other forum has developed a new set of 3 diff bushes which apparently will address most of the axel tramp issue whilst also minimising NVH - worth looking into in my opinion, and I would definately get these if I needed to replace the diff bushes, however I think that my diff bushes are still fine...probably just all the others that are root_ed.

• Donating Members

Ok - I dropped the car off at Centreline - Chris really knows his stuff.

Turns out that the diff cradle needs replacing, and it needs one new rear control arm & rear control arm bushes, & a sepherical bush.

While it's there, I am going to replace all diff bushes with SuperPro Comfort bushes, and I am also currently considering Bilsteins all around.

Expensive - but this work should all transform the car, and eliminate axle tramp too.

Jake.

• Donating Members

Oh yeah, the reason why I need a lot of this done is because Noble Park Brake and Clutch - 120 Cheltenham Rd Dandenong, fitted the wrong bushes four weeks ago when they had a go at fixing these squeaks.

They fittted the wrong bushes, wrong bolts, didn't tighten things propoerly, stuffed up the wheel alignment, and damaged my control arm and cradle! They will be hearing from me...

• 6 months later...
  • Donating Members

2. Knocking noise when taking off briskly (like 4-5 knocks in quick succession). This can only be heard on take off, and the knocking can be felt from the rear of the car.

I have made sure that the exhaust is not anywhere near the tailshaft. The suspension place think that this potentially could be a drive shaft, but again, would need to pull the car appart to be sure.

Update - This turned out to be the exhaust knocking when taking off.

• Member For: 12y 2m 7d

whats was your signe of stuffed drive shaft? my ba xr6t kinna sways at he back when going over sharp bumps in road nd every bush is brand new and in good nick, also when driving at 5-60 theres a whooping sound from the rear, it dont increase or decreas if accelerating, but at 100 you can barely hear it, just a slight shudder in steering wheel.

got be buggered what it is, all bolts are tight

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 1m 11d

hey guys,

im suffering from the same creek and it is driving me insane,

the only difference is I have replaced all my rear bushes with super pro confort and Ford have replaced the drive line cus the center bearing snapped :S

so I think that leaves control arms of diff cradles,

im getting really frustrated with this, I mean if I beat up on the car and drove it hard I would understand that things happen, but I drive it to the station and it sits there all day, WTF!!

almost worth driving it harder cus babying it around dosnt seem to save any issues...

its bookied in for a check up on tuesday ill be interested to see what they say,