Considering Buying An Xr6 Turbo

jujigatame

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 1d

Stay away from the trademe mods, better of saving up and getting the proper stuff out of auzzie. It will cost ya, but in the long run it will look and most likely perform better.

That 03 sedan you posted looks good, if you end up getting one make sure to check/remove the inline turbo oil filter otherwise youll have a turbo replacement on your hands and in general over here they havent been removed.

@Evil bugger driving some of our sh***y rounds, it would be nice if they could build a decent smooth one like you guys get. I live in Christchurch and I know my ute is getting slowly bugger by the earthquake damaged roads but cant do anything bout it.

• Member For: 12y 4m 22d

I think I'll probably end up doing a few mods through kevin geary,first up will probably be sourcing an ss inductions growler intake,fitting 42# injectors,and a tune.

then maybe further down the line fuel pump,intercooler,and exhaust

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 22d

if your planning on doing intercooler, exhaust and the other mods you mentioned definitely get 60lb injectors. 42 will hold you back.

PS that price of 395 is an absolute rort. You can get the exactly the same brand and item for about 280ish on fleabay & autobahn. I seen them for 180 brand new due to light scratches

Edited by JGP

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 28d

if your planning on doing intercooler, exhaust and the other mods you mentioned definitely get 60lb injectors. 42 will hold you back.

PS that price of 395 is an absolute rort. You can get the exactly the same brand and item for about 280ish on fleabay & autobahn. I seen them for 180 brand new due to light scratches

You don't need anything more than 42lb in a BA unless you are planning on building the engine.

The bosch 968's are the best choice for 300-330. Best idle, best economy, best fuel delivery (when comparing to cheaper higher flowing injectors)

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 26d

Paulie is correct on this one. Unless you have built motor in your BA or you're not fussed whether it goes bang you wouldn't want to make anymore than 300-330 which is what 42lb injectors are good for. Much more tunable injector than the deka's. Well most people seem to think so anyway.

• Member For: 12y 4m 22d

whats the stock pump good for power wise? am I on the right track as far as injectors,intake,cat removal,tune being the best bang for buck initial mods,assuming the motor and turbo are healthy what sort of power should I see?

Edited by jujigatame

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 28d

Stock pump wont get you over 300 and anything close will be tuned very lean. If funds allow just go straight to a surge tank with 044. Otherwise upgrade the intank pump to a walbro.

Edited by Paulie2256

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 26d

The stock pump will make 300 but it's safer to swap it for a high flow. They're pretty cheap anyway.

You're pretty much on the right track but add a cooler on that list too or you won't make the power consistently. As soon as it gets warm you'll lose a lot of power.