Considering Buying An Xr6 Turbo

jujigatame

• Member For: 12y 4m 22d

as above in the market for an XR6 turbo have owned plenty of high powered jap turbo cars and my parents alwqys had fords when I was growing up so the xr6 turbo was always going to be on the cards. I was planning on getting a stock one then doing a few mods just to see what I can get out of it,but this popped up

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vYitiyh7T-MJ:www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ford/auction-455533532.htm+297+kw+4fa+trademe&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

can be had for 12000,now has reg and wof,and full 3" exhaust how does the set up look?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 24d

Can't read the ad but if it has a full 3 inch exhaust it's probably safe to say it's been modified with rubbish off ebay or similar. That exhaust is no better then standard.

• Member For: 12y 4m 22d

Kilometres: 146,000km

Body: Black, 4 door, Sedan

Fuel type: Petrol

Engine: 6 cylinder, 4000cc, Automatic

Registration expires: No Registrati­on

WOF expires: No WOF

This vehicle has a fuel consumption of 12.9L per 100km, an annual fuel cost of $3,610 and a fuel economy rating of 2.5 out of 6. (Source: Fuelsaver) Help

Selling due to other expenses

Here is an XR6 Turbo 85% complete for some one after plenty of power and comfort. Needs exhaust system completed and tyres and it will be warrantable

Has had a custom Steam pipe exhaust manifold, 4" custom down pipe into custom 4" exhaust system running through custom Alloy muffler, custom intake piping..

Running Factory Garrett GT3540 Turbocharger

42lb injectors installed and Custom dyno tune at Eastern Automotive.

All the car needs to be complete is finish off exhaust system as it is dumping at the diff.. Needs Screamer pipe plumbed in and bigger fuel pump, then she will be away and warrantable

Power output (de-Tuned to cope with fuel pump) 297kw and 1349Nm at the wheels, seriously pulls with the torque output, when new pump is installed it would be recommended to have re-tune, the tuner noted that the setup is capable of over 400kw

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 26d

Sounds a bit dodgy. Also tuner doesn't seem to know what he's talking about either as 42lb are only good for just over 300kw. No where near 400kw.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 24d

Sounds like he got half way through and now wants to flog it before it explodes.

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 29d

I would be looking at stock cars too if it were me.

If I sell my modded car it'll be because it's farked beyond what I can afford to be bothered with :hang: but still runs "good" enough to sell to a half wit.

Then start all over again.. HAHA!

Most ppl usually mod there car because when they give it a thrash its just not fast enough...

Pretty sure in stock form its alot harder to hurt these cars too.. rather than being mucked around with by who knows..