Fg F6 Lemon.

zumo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 16d

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Think you would find the Meg would have at least three seconds a lap on any FPV you threw at it on any clubman track. Talking std against std.

remember these things are just as easy to mod as ours are. And sold the world over. Parts are done by the best at a competitive price.

Interesting,but also not entirely surprising about track times.The Megane250 In the BFYB 2011 achieved a lap time (Wakefield) 1.3 secs faster than the FPV GS however the GS had a faster 0-400m,0-1000m,0-100km/h,80-120km/h,1000 v-max,100km/h-0 and the highest speed down the Wakefield straight.

The Megane is not as easy to mod as our cars because the availability of physical mods for the Megane is extremely poor,especially in Australia.Only last year a Bluefin re-flash was made available to the Megane.The re-flashes and mods for cars like the VW GTI,Focus(XR5,RS) and ours are far more numerous.

Cars like the Megane are more track orientated than any FPV,but I believe that they(Megane) lose out on many other aspects,one could say it's a one" trick pony".

P.S I'm a member of Megane.net forums(U.K)and I assure you that eventhough they have improved the quality of the Megane,

owners still have their share of problems with the cars.

Edited by timetaker

• Member For: 14y 9m 7d

Doesnt surprise me the ford dealers I gotta say are pretty friggin hopeless northlakes, strathpine and virginia in qld brisbane are completely and utterly hopeless after taking my car to three different dealers I just gave up on taking it to ford at all.

Its a shame really they build a beautiful car then ruin it by geting morons to service it I think I could do a better job in my back yard.

Do a camp out like old mate did on the news camped out the front of the ford dealership with a sign saying something along the lines of ford are scam artists because hes xr6 I think was faulty. In the end they replaced his car with a brand new one.

Really hope you get it soughted mate also dont know if you still can but couldnt you go to fair trading aswell ??

• Member For: 14y 22d

I'm upset because my driver's seat squeeks like an old lounge chair!

Apart from the faulty wiper motor( which was replaced) I've virtually had no problems with my F6

in the nearly 9 months(7,200klms) of ownership.

My drivers seat squeeked like that till the first service, I mentioned it and they just sprayed everything under the seat with some sort of spray (smelt like fish oil) and its never squeeked since (2yrs).

Darra Ford has been excellent with warranty on mine, after 6 months I had a clunk in the front corner when reversing, turned out to be a cracked control arm, so they replaced both sides within a week (was ok to drive still), then after a year there was a slight clunk on take off which I wasn't even sure if it was anything but mentioned it to them and they found split diff seals and it had created a problem with the tailshaft so they replaced it all no hassles, it did take about 2 weeks to get the tail shaft from FPV but replaced it all while I waited with free coffee :)

Maybe try Darra if it's not too far?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 16d

dara ford I had a ba ghia I bought there was a few things that went wrong they fixed it no problems.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 5d

Sounds like the dealer to go to! Excellent customer service and satisfaction...now if only some other dealers could take a lesson off them. Lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 14d

since I purchased my ute new, I have never once taken it back to ford and have done all servicing myself. never had a single prob, apart from the fuel pump wiring harness came unplugged because the clip broke off the the chassis. but I found and fixed that.

• Like 1