Fg F6 Lemon.

zumo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 4d

WTF! many of these horror stories, this one and the other GT335 plus some.....seriously, they aint cheap and you get treated like rubbish on top of the hassles...

all the best and hope you sort it out.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 18d

Has the car been tuned?

What is making them question the history of the car?

How old are you?

Not being derogative just trying to get a bigger picture from the minimal details.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 10d

Don't think it's been tuned Dags as he says, after the third day of owning it. So it's been happining from the start. It's a Brandnewi car, so unless he took from dealership straight to tuner don't think it is.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 21d

Hi-Torque had a near new S/C GS ute recently that had been tuned elsewhere and had a major failure. They rebuilt the engine - FPV paid for parts. This involved some negotiation however which is understandable given it had been tuned.

Your car is stock so there should be no problem. If you get stuck PM me and I'll see if I can help.

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

Mate if you had flashed and modified it then maybe I could understand, and as the earlier post siad you cannot over rev with a rev limiter. What an obscene way to be treated. Mate when you get a lemon with thses things you get a lemon. Hopefully they will fix it and get it right. I can see a vision of Ford management wondering why their repeat sales for private Falcons are going down the toilet. It would be a great thing if they could get the Ford dealer network sorted out, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. You're getting crap service from crap dealerships for a crap car from a company that is going to crap.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I had the worst time woth Ford warranty/service.

I literally threw the drivers mirror scalp at the service managers head when it fell off. I rarely get mad let alone go off, but when I do I lose it. I want blood.

The car is good and can be made great reasonably cheaply. I drive other aussie cars besides mine. And altho std, they are even more agricultural and unrefined.

But I would not buy a new Ford ever again. 2nd hand, no worries. But the depreciation, lack of service and poor build quality leave me looking elsewhere

Edited by XR09

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 22d

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1024754

Maybe have a solictor write them a letter, send copies to their customer relations/higher up, and document everything.

Get car fixed and sell it or go to another dealer as they'll no doubt be pricks to you as long as you drive fords.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 16d

I'm upset because my driver's seat squeeks like an old lounge chair!

Apart from the faulty wiper motor( which was replaced) I've virtually had no problems with my F6

in the nearly 9 months(7,200klms) of ownership.

I 've heard horror stories from people that have owned Audis BMWs,VWs and recently a M Class AMG Mercedes was

on the Channel 7(Vic) Today Tonight program.The story revealed how the owner had experienced problems and now the dealership refuses to replace the 6.2L AMG motor!

The owner had parked it in front of the dealership advertising his plight.

Your car is under warranty don't let the dealership dupe you into believing their fanciful explanations.

Any new car can have problems,but it's how one is treated at the dealership that will either leave a bitter or sweet taste in one's mouth.

• Like 1