Go Karts - Fri 4 May 2012

Paulie2256

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m

Hi Guys,

At this stage I am looking at either Friday 4th May at 7PM. It would be great to go out racing on a Friday after work and then catch up at the secret spot afterwards.

The venue will be Auscarts in Port Melbourne (Website here). I chose this place because it is in a massive warehouse and we don't have to worry about the weather. It will go ahead rain, hail or shine stars. It is also a well run place and in a nice central location for everyone.

THE EVENT 15 – 28 PERSONS

Please note: This event is for a minimum 15 people. Payment for the minimum is required even if numbers drop below.

·
1hr 30 min format

·
No matter what the number, there are always 2 groups

·
Each Group - 5 min Warm up/ Qualifier

·
Each Group - 2 x 8 min heats back to back

·
Consolation Final - 8 min

·
Main Final - 8 min

·
Winner victory lap with flag

·
Medallions awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place in the main final.

Since this has been booked I will need to pay the total balance on the night which means I will need to collect money from everyone that wants to go by Friday 27th as the final number of people needs to be confirmed by this date.

You can either do EFT (PM me) or give me cash this Friday or next. Total is 1575 so if we get more than 15 people there will be cash coming back everyones way.

We need 15 confirmed people by the end of the week. Anyone else want to come along? If we don't get the numbers we will be racing with the public which is like driving in peak hour traffic.

Please confirm your place now to make sure you don't miss out.

Cheers,

Paulie2256

Booked in for 7PM Friday 4th May. I will assume everyone who posted before is still keen.

Paulie2256 +1

Daztbo + 1

Pazzo

Shyfrd

xr6t_ute

freeze_dk

shame

dre

Adie

Velocity

Et

Staino

zeke6

K31th (Unconfirmed)

turbogilly

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m

Yep was thinking lemans or auscarts in port melbourne. They both have packages for around 2 hours of racing.

Been to both and like auscarts better because its indoors and makes you feel like you are racing at night plus the track is way more interesting.

But just want to know how much interest there is. Would be looking at cost of around 100 bucks just for the race.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 26d

Count me in Paulie :) loved the kart day Christian organised awhile back, been waiting for the next one ever since!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 1d

Went karting at le mans once, it started raining a bit, was going down the straight and saw everyone in front of me spin off, and was wondering to myself wtf, those counts are sh*t, then I came to the corner and LOL... was heaps of fun once I got use to it though, could catch it before it spun out and drift the corners.. Then they made us stop..

• Like 2