Hsv Holden Gts 325Kw = 240-245Kw Atw ?

timetaker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 5d

Reasonable don't you think???

If the best is deemed to be 245kw atw from a 325kw GTS, that's nearly a 25% loss.

If the best is deemed to be 260kw atw from a 310kw F6,that's a 16 % loss.Although I think I've seen/read of some achieving 270 kw atw(13% loss)

I'm sure that based on those figures alone,they don't show the GTS in a good light and if I was an owner I would be disappointed.

• Like 1

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 20d

Myself I'm not a fan of comparing turbo 6's to 8's (top gear Australia did it and I thought it was stupid). But we know it's far easier to extract power out of fords T6 then Holden's V8's.

So how do the GTS run down the strip? What sort of times do stock ones run vs. ones with Cam, zorst etc?

• Member For: 14y 5m 23d

Fair enough. Since where comparing

Safety - all Ve range has 6 airbags standard. Ford has??????

Brakes - gts would stop miles quicker than a f6. Try this repeatedly and I'm sure the f6 would have fade by the second stop.

Traction control - sh*ts all over ford.

Suspension - I won't even go there

Compartment space - gts wins hand down

Rims - standard 20" 275 potenzas. What does ford give you, tyres that belong on a datson.

Yes the Expensive Daewoo is not 325, who cares. Obviously the 1 million people that have one don't - compared to the 100 sales ford have.

I have a fg ute with 60k for work- diff cluncks and whines, brakes shudder like no tomorrow, engine leaks. My Ve never had problems like this and I drive mine hard. In fact all the other 6 Utes have similar problems.

• Like 2

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 26d

ET is on the money - out of the box they are a great car for a cashed up bloke who does the odd track day

why has noone mentioned this

Maloo R8 ute has the biggest pussy magnet of any locally assembled car, no ifs, no buts.

• Like 3